We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pefkohori

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pefkohori

Hi finally booked our family holiday to Aerollos hotel in August and can't wait. We are a family of 5 children aged 3,5 and 8. Anybody have any suggestions on things we might try doing, seeing whilst we are there. Many thanks in advance. Wayde

Belgrade, Serbia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Pefkohori

Hi :-)

I would like to ask does anyone know is there any possibility to find any rooms for rent (average price up to 15 EU) in Chaniotis or Pefkohori even is now mid season? I need 2 bedrooms!

Many thanks!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pefkohori

Hi think it will be vey difficult to find rooms that cheap. If your willing to take the risk could just turn up and ask around. We did about 12 years ago when just the 2 of us (no children) and we did manage to find something but not sure if you would today. I think you will be looking at roughly 30e-40e. Regards

and good luck

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
791 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pefkohori

Hi there Monadales,

I think that there is no chance at all to find a room at mid season at 15 euro per night. If you do find one, it will probably be a very very bad quality room , which does sound normal to me given the price.

I even doubt it that you would find a 15 Euro room even at the low season, let alone the mid season.

England
Level Contributor
205 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pefkohori

Hi Wayde - your kids might enjoy visiting the caves at Petrolana although you would need a car to get there. It would take around an hour and is back towards the airport turning off just before or after Nea Moudania greeka.com/macedonia/halkidiki/halkidiki-exc…

There is a water park near Thessaloniki but again you would need a car unless you can find a tour which goes locally http://www.in-chalkidiki.com/waterland.htm

There is a regular boat trip from Pefkohori pier which we enjoyed. It goes accross to Sithonia and along the coast and has a simple BBQ lunch on board. You can wander down to the pier and check out prices when you are there. As for child friendly beaches Kalithea has a lovely sandy and shallow beach which you can get to by bus or taxi although it is a steep walk back up from the beach. You may have to carry the little one.

There is also plenty of activity around Hanioti square at night to keep the kids amused, if you fancy a night away from Pefkohori. There are also various local tour operators on the main road in Pefkohori who may be able to suggest other activities.

A few ideas which I hope will help.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pefkohori

Really appreciate this. We did the water park last year and was really good, will do a boat trip I think this year and will certainly spend a couple of evenings in Hanoti. We love the square and you are right the children just love running around and us people watching. Accommodation confirmed just got to get the flights now.

Regards

Wayde

London, England...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pefkohori

Hi how warm is it in the 1st week of September usually?

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
791 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pefkohori

Hi there, usually the first couple of weeks of September tend to be pretty warm and summery. There's always a chance of a couple of days of autumn weather, but most of the times these days come later.

Regards,

Yiannis

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pefkohori

I am thinking of going to Pefkohori next August as I have seen a lovely apartment close to the beach near the little jetty with what looks like a little lighthouse at the end. We have three children who will be 10, 11 and 17 when we travel and wanted to obviously go out in the evenings. What sort of thing is there to do in the evenings? Do the bars and restaurants stay open late and to what time? What is the beach promenade like at night; is there much going on? What sort of entertainment is on offer generally in the town. We will be self-catering so is there a supermarket, bank in easy reach of the apartment I am thinking of renting.

All replies gratefully received.

London
Level Contributor
753 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pefkohori

Hi S-gelsie

Yes, there are lots of bars & tavernas and they all stay open as long as they have customers, so in August that will be pretty late. Some of the more clubby bars don't really get going til midnight! The beach promenade is great for wandering up and down with a bit of shopping & people watching. Stop in one of the many tavernas for some dinner then there are lively bars if you want to dance (Sushi, Kavo Paradiso, Orca, Bombou) or more relaxed bars if yuo want to chat over a cocktail (Madness, Cuccureddu, Faros).

There are lots of shops & supermarkets so you can easily purchase whatever you need,. There isn't a bank in the village but there are 3 cashpoints and lots of places to exchange money.

Entertainment wise, there is a small fairground area on the promenade, plus a selection of 'teenage' arcade games. Some of the hotels offer a Greek night with a Greek meal and dancing, and some of the bars have live music.

Hope that helps....

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pefkohori

Hi Carolinus

Thanks for your reply. I was also wondering what the general area and landscape was like. Is it quite a modern town? I have noticed that you like the area very much. Would you recommend any sightseeing in the area that would be accessible by bus or other towns to visit in the evenings that aren't too far? Although it might well be too hot in August to even think about it during the day! I was wondering what time the buses run to in the evenings. I saw on one of the forums that taxis don't take 5 people but only 4 but perhaps this is only adults but they might squash a fifth if there is a child?

Thanks for your advice so far.

Get answers to your questions about Pefkohori
Recent Conversations
More Pefkohori Topics