We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thessaloniki - pefkohori

Which Pefkohori hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
thessaloniki - pefkohori

Hi i would like to travel to pefkohori by bus as its much cheaper. Can anyone advise me about this and how easy or difficult thus may be?

Regards

Daniel

11 replies to this topic
Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: thessaloniki - pefkohori

You can see the schedule here: www.ktel-chalkidikis.gr/index.php… The bus is indeed the cheapest option!

Grigoris

Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thessaloniki - pefkohori

Hi there would i just get a taxi to the bus station?

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: thessaloniki - pefkohori

you can get a taxi, or you can wait for another bus, no45 (not so often) that pass through KTEL Chalkidikis,

you could search for some other person(s) and share a taxi to Pefkohori, it would be easier and a lot faster to get there!!!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: thessaloniki - pefkohori

Just bear in mind that a taxi to Pefkohori is going to cost around 100 euros..

Grigoris

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: thessaloniki - pefkohori

yes, it could cost around 90-100 euros, that is why you should search for someone to share it.

the cheapest way to Halkidiki.. would be, to get to KTEL Halkidikis, and then walk to the main road 25 and hitchhike! (I have seen some tourists from Netherlands doing this, when i was waiting for the bus to Sithonia), i don't suggest it though!!!

London, England...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: thessaloniki - pefkohori

Hi how far is the bus station from the airport?

Thanks

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: thessaloniki - pefkohori

About 9 km.

Grigoris

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thessaloniki - pefkohori

Bus 79A brings you straight from Makedonia airport arrivals to KTEL Halkidiki bus station. (it takes 20 min. or less).

Bus 45 takes from Ktel Halkidiki to Thessaloniki centre.

Bus 78 goes from center Thessaloniki (lefko Pirgos) to the airport.

Careful : there is another KTEL station in the north of Thessaloniki, devoted to long range buses to North, West and East. Ktel Halkidiki is obviously dedicated to Kassandra - Sithonia - Polygiros and the rest of Halkidiki region.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
35 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thessaloniki - pefkohori

Hi Daniel,

I just did this trip on Tuesday and it was a doddle. Take the taxi from the airport to the ktel bus station, its a 5 minute drive and then the bus costs 16.50 and is roughly an hour and a half journey. The bus then leaves you on the Pefkohori main road. The only problem was the taxi cost us 17euro, from what i read on the forums its only supposed to be around 10, so we got ripped off a bit-but ask how much before you get in. There was no problem with the bus, was simple and easy. If you need any more help please feel free to ask!!

Nicola

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
35 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thessaloniki - pefkohori

Hi Daniel,

I just did this trip on Tuesday and it was a doddle. Take the taxi from the airport to the ktel bus station, its a 5 minute drive and then the bus costs 16.50 and is roughly an hour and a half journey. The bus then leaves you on the Pefkohori main road. The only problem was the taxi cost us 17euro, from what i read on the forums its only supposed to be around 10, so we got ripped off a bit-but ask how much before you get in. There was no problem with the bus, was simple and easy. If you need any more help please feel free to ask!!

Nicola

Reply to: thessaloniki - pefkohori
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pefkohori
Recent Conversations
More Pefkohori Topics