We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

Hi All,

We are planning a holiday in August and staying in Pefkohori for a few days, after which we travel to Sithonia. We have a hotel booked in Sarti.

Could somebody please tell me how we would get from Kassandra to Sithonia? Is there a possibility of a ferry ot even taxi boat? I have been searching through the internet for weeks but no joy.

I understand Sarti is on the other side of the island, if it is awkward to get to from Kassandra then maybe we can change some plans.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Nicola

12 replies to this topic
Thessaloniki, Greece
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

Hi there.

I am here to enlighten you a bit about Chalkidiki, as a house owner there.

The place is a peninsula, first leg is Cassandra, Pefkohori is the largest tourist destination there. If you rent a car when you arrive to Thessaloniki airport (SKG) you'll need about 1 and a half hour to get there, or even more in weekends. The main problem with Pefkohori is its enormous traffic and the lack of parking. Consider that during the winter its population is estimated in around 1.500 people and that in summertime it increases to 50 thousand or more. You can swim there, but I'd recommend the beach bar "Glarokavos" 2 kms to the south.

I ll have to let you down though regarding your main question. To get to the second leg (Sithonia) you'll have to rent a car as there's no transportation through the sea. Do not even think of getting a taxi.

I'll get back to you with more info very soon.

Nick

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

You can also take the bus but i think that you need to change once at Nea Moudania..

Grigoris

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
180 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

Even with a car that looks like a hard drive. Not a serious suggestion but there is boat trips from Pefkohori to Sithonia, via turtle Island and onto Neos Marmaras, which is a sizable town. Looking at the map I still doubt you’d get a bus from there on to Sarti though. You might possibly get a bus down to Toroni from Neos Marmaras, or stay on the same boat that stops there as well. Toroni Bay is a beautiful place to stay for a day or two.

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
806 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

It is absolutely no hard drive to drive from Pefkohori to Sarti. I am not saying that there will be three or four lanes , or a highway ...however you could drive from Pefkohori all the way to Nea Moudania (almost) , then take a turn to Sithonia and follow the Agios Nikolaos-Vourvourou-Sarti signs. For one that has not done this before, it could take couple of hours, but the drive is totally worthed I think!

An alternative would not be the sea, but the bus from Pefkohori to Nea Moudania, and then figure out the timetables from Nea Moudania to Sarti. This will probably take you more time, however you won't worry about having to drive there....

In case you're having troubles figuring this out, please let me know as I am from the area. Also if you need to check on bus timetables, I'll send you the specific link so that you can check it out.

Regards,

Yiannis

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

Hi Yiannis, I am struggling to find detailed info on buses and generally how to move from one place to another. The KTEL website is too basic. It mentions the timetable from thessaloniki to a final destination only. I am wondering, does a bus make intermediate stops? or it's usually an express bus to one single destination from / to thessaloniki? What if I want to move by bus from one place to another within halkidiki? Is there any website with detailed info?

Also is there any good website that lists all the best beaches and places to visit (and how to go there efficiently)? I have just booked my flights and admittedly I have done little research but the information I have found so far on internet does not seem to be very well organised and thorough! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
806 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

Dear "Luca D",

check your personal messages. I tried to give you some information on your questions, as there are many and did not want to post the answers on this topic, because it refers on a different issue.

Regards,

Yiannis

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

Thanks everyone for your help.

I was under the impression that I could travel by boat to N.Marmaras and then take the bus to Sarti? I don't think I would feel very comfortable driving, so bus and/or boat are my only options.

I have no problem if the journey takes a little while, but if it is confusing with lots of transfers, maybe we could change our booking and stay somewhere on the other side of the peninsula.

Yannis, would you send me the bus timetables to Neos Marmaras please? I can check this out and think about my plans over the next few days!

Gr33nstripe- thank you for your suggestion, do you have any more information on this boat to Turtle Island?

Thank you all for your very informative posts!

Nicola

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
806 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

hi there again!

Here is the timetable of the buses that go to and from Pefkohori. www.ktel-chalkidikis.gr/index.php… From Pefkohori, you will have to make a stop at Nea Moudania.

Now the thing is this.... from Nea Moudania, there will be buses coming from Thessaloniki, probably making a stop there and then going on to Sithonia. However this timetable does not seem to be available. I can give you the timetable from Thessaloniki to Nea Moudania , which is this : www.ktel-chalkidikis.gr/index.php… and also the bus station's phone number which is 23730-21228 . You should contact them while you're in Pefkohori and get some details, preferably ask a greek person to do this for you.

Now, regarding the transer by boat as Gr33nstripe is suggesting above, I know for sure that this is a boat trip only for fun and not a transfer trip. However, since you'll be at Pefkohori, why don't you try and ask the boat owner if they can offer you a transfer to Neos Marmaras without returning. I can't see why this could be an issue....but it's better to ask.

I am here if you need any further details.

Yiannis

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

Hi Luca,

We are just coming to the end of our trip so would like to share our experiences with you re travel.

There were no cars available in Halkidiki or Pefkohori so safest bet would be to book one online and collect it. Try car del mar (i think!!) We took the bus from Pefkohori to Neos Marmaras and then one from there to Sarti. It cost less than 20e each and the drive was beautiful along the coast of Sithonia. Although it took a little longer than driving, it was no hassle :)

Nicola

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?

Hi Yannis,

I'm in Pefkohori this july and after that I should travell to Neos Marmaras. Can you tell me details about ferries or taxt boats from Pefkohori to Neos Marmaras, please!

Thank you a lot!

Greetings, Dusan! :D

Reply to: Pefkohori to Sithonia (Satri)- Boat?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pefkohori
Recent Conversations
More Pefkohori Topics