We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

Which Pakse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Siem Reap, Cambodia
1 post
Save Topic
I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

the owner, named Mr.Jong, we met in his travel ticket office near by the guest hause. I wanna go to Wat Phu from Pakse to Champasak and he told me it's expensive coz I need to pay bus ticket, tuk tuk to the port, ferry to Champasak( he told me it costs 3 USD one way,in fact, it costs 0.25 USD only ), tuk tuk to Wat Phu, Wat Phu ticket(he told me it costs 5 USD ,but 3 USD only ), and another ferry again. He charged me 50 USD by his personal vehicle (TOYOTA Wish no.7130). I got on his car n I though it's safe because there is another woman inside(he said that's his sis). It only took 1 hr we got there n on the way he asked me to sleep with him that night all the time. I was afraid because I didn't know where am I. Of course I refused him. After Wat Phu, I requised to drive the downtown in Champasak, but I was droped down in his friend's guesthouse. He asked me to pay the bus ticket from there to Cambodia, and he promised to drive me to the border and the bus of his company will pick me up to Siem Reap. There was no travelers and I can't get any infos so I paies 15USD to him. At last, he didn't drive me to the border...he dropped me down at 4000 islands and charged me another 15USD, put me into another bus company. Please public it in any forum u know. I'm an Asia girl and I'll public it in our forum. I know he used the same way to cheat anothers as well.(I met two Spanishes in his car on my way from Champasak to 4000 islands) His phone number 96549555,2326611 His vehicle --TOYOTA Wish no.7130(some number like that...I forgot) Who can tell Lonely Planet it's a dangerous and awefully place?????

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

You were obviously getting ripped off from the start (the whole trip with private vehicle form pakse to Wat Phu can be arranged for $28 or so), why did you not see it coming? While I am sorry to hear you felt harrassed, you should have gotten out of there quick!

You can write a review for services on this site, but these forums are meant for people who have questions to ask, not for complaints. Please write about this incident in a review under the name of the agency you used.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

Maneki-neko - i think it's incredibly inappropriate you are blaming this poor woman for being sexually harassed. If he is a creep that is HIS problem and you shouldnt chastise her for not "seeing it coming".

to the OP, i am incredibly sad to hear of your experience and i will make sure i stay away from that creep (and i'll tell everyone else i meet also). Have you tried reporting him to the police? I sincerely hope you're ok, don't be afraid to seek help if you need it. <3

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

"i think it's incredibly inappropriate you are blaming this poor woman for being sexually harassed."

Read her post again. Maneki did nothing of the sort.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

"why did you not see it coming? While I am sorry to hear you felt harrassed, you should have gotten out of there quick!" --> looks exactly like victim blaming to me.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

"looks exactly like victim blaming to me."

Not to me.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

Holly-

By "See it coming" I was referring to her getting scammed out of her money. Please do not go putting words into my mouth.

If one has their street smarts, the INSTANT one smells a rat one should get the heck out.

And did this woman make any concerted effort to get out of there? No, she hung in there, repeatedly taking the guy's abuse and getting scammed out of her money.

I think this thread will serve as a model of what NOT to do as a female while traveling solo, and hopefully others will not be thus trapped in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

pfffffft "I was afraid because I didn't know where am I." sounds like a perfectly valid excuse for not "getting the heck out" not to mention the mechanics that go into things like physical/sexual/emotional abuse aren't as black and white as just "getting out". this man obviously knew she was vulnerable and took advantage of that.

maybe instead of telling victims how to act you should support the boycott of establishments run by predatory creeps.

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
446 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

Enough of the bantering guys. Not helping the girls experience. Others that read this forum will no doubt take extra care if put in a similar situation.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

Pfffffft. DUH you're in Laos, in the middle of a tourist area, hop on a tuk tuk bus sangtaew or oxcart and get the heck out. If the woman was clever enough to find her way to Si phan Don in the firts place, you think she'd get lost trying to get out of there? Sheesh, you're only making women sound more stupid...

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,425 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I got a sexual harassment..don't get to sabaidy 2 guesthouse

all women, whether travelling or at home need to listen to their guts... if your guts tell you something is wrong - react to those feelings rather than stay and find yourself in a more uncomfortable situation. If you feel that something is not right then it probably isn't - get the hell outta there the second you get the opportunity - don't stay hoping it will get better - it probably won't.

This should not be confined to travel in Laos but every day of your life.