We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips into TDP

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips into TDP

We are planning a trip to TDP but have really limited time (2 nights). I have been looking around and have not found a tour company that offers day trips into the park. Do you know if such a thing exists. If it does, where can I get some info?

Thanks for your help!

Deni

Hod-Hasharon
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips into TDP

I am also planning a tour to the TDP and have seen day trips in this web http://interhabit.com/index_3.htm.

You can also write them with any question, they answer very quickly.

Shoshy

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,786 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips into TDP

Yes, you can do day tours of Torres del Paine. Many of these are offered by local travel agencies in Puerto Natales. Agencies from abroad will use a local company anyway, so you might as well start with a local company. Often your lodging in Puerto Natales can set them up. Places like Casa Cecilia combine lodging and travel agency. If you know where you are staying, you could contact them before you go. As a rough guide, it will probably cost about US$100 for one person and less per person for more.

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trips into TDP

In Puerto Natales you will see more agencies than any other kind of shop.

Allmost every hotel offer day trips to Torres del Paine as well.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trips into TDP

Thanks everyone! Do you think we need to book a day tour in advance? We plan on visiting on the first week of november...

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trips into TDP

As most of the tours do depart qiuet early from PTN, you shuld book it the day before.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trips into TDP

I would ask the hotel to arrange it in advance. The best way is a "Seat in Van" tour which will bring you in from Rio Serrano.

My hotel in PN was able to book it a few days ahead but I was later in the season.

7. Re: Day Trips into TDP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2010, 05:32