We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TDP still worth visiting if hiking is difficult?

Linden, New Jersey
Level Contributor
40 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
TDP still worth visiting if hiking is difficult?

We're thinking about visiting Torres del Paine. But most of the reviews seem to involve quite a bit of hiking. My girlfriend has a very bad knee & ankle and can't do any kind of lengthy or strenuous walking. Is it worth visiting if we're mostly going to see it from a car or a bus tour?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: TDP still worth visiting if hiking is difficult?

Pushi,

I would consider Hosteria Lago Grey or Hosteria Las Torres on a B&B basis then. Both are well located - Lago Grey better as a jumping off point to the western part of the park, and Hosteria Las Torres for the Easter part. I personally prefer Lago Grey in terms of lodging, and if you are not going to hike that much there are more non-hiking focused activities close by to Lago Grey, such as the boat ride to the face of the glacier. You can also do some introductory glacier walking, or even kayaking if you want to be active but not hike. Those can be contracted through Antares via their Bigfoot camp.

Have a fantastic journey.

Jordan Harvey

Knowmad Adventurer

Peter - your insinuation does not even warrant comment, but I can't help but notice Travelindude has made 25 reviews.

miami
Level Contributor
3 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: TDP still worth visiting if hiking is difficult?

TravelinDudeMiami (me) has been a TA contributor since .... 2005... !!!

30+ reviews, lots of "helpful" comments.

www.tripadvisor.com/members/travlindudeMiami

===

I've been poor and travelled and now I'm rich and travel. Travel is great and can be done luxury or cheap. Sometimes I travel "cheap" because there is no other option (Tigray Ethiopia parts of Uganda) or because of local charm (Ecuador). I am now going to do a VERY expensive Chile and Antarctica trip. Big deal.

==

Travelers tend to be positive and enjoy sharing; thats why I participate ;-)

miami
Level Contributor
3 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: TDP still worth visiting if hiking is difficult?

TravelinDudeMiami (me) has been a TA contributor since .... 2005... !!!

30+ reviews, lots of "helpful" comments.

www.tripadvisor.com/members/travlindudeMiami

===

I've been poor and travelled and now I'm rich and travel. Travel is great and can be done luxury or cheap. Sometimes I travel "cheap" because there is no other option (Tigray Ethiopia parts of Uganda) or because of local charm (Ecuador). I am now going to do a VERY expensive Chile and Antarctica trip. Big deal.

==

Travelers tend to be positive and enjoy sharing; thats why I participate ;-)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: TDP still worth visiting if hiking is difficult?

Couldn't agree more TravelinDude! Here's to travel making for better people, and better people making a better planet!

Cheers,

Jordan Harvey

Knowmad Adventurer

15. Re: TDP still worth visiting if hiking is difficult?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Torres del Paine...