We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone want to hike the w circuit January 6/7/8-11/12/13?

Which Torres del Paine National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Anyone want to hike the w circuit January 6/7/8-11/12/13?

I will be backpacking alone in South America from January 6-feb 6 and was looking for someone to hike and either camp or stay in Refugios with! If anyone will be down there in the beginning of January and would like to meet up let me know!

Miami Beach, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone want to hike the w circuit January 6/7/8-11/12/13?

By the way I am from San Francisco and a 22 year old female! I will be traveling up the coast of chile to Bolivia as well in the month of January

San Francisco...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone want to hike the w circuit January 6/7/8-11/12/13?

Hey! I'm looking into doing the W those same days. Still finalizing with my buddy on the whether or not he will be joining on for this part of the trip or not and what the exact days are. I live in SF as well.

Saratoga Springs...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone want to hike the w circuit January 6/7/8-11/12/13?

Hi. I may be interested in hiking with you. I am trying now in work out inexpensive way to reach P.Natales via bus from Angol. My volunteer assignment in Angol will start in mid January and I'll be free to trek from Jan. 3rd til 14th. I'm a female,old enough to be your mom, fit enough to enjoy trekking.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,375 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone want to hike the w circuit January 6/7/8-11/12/13?

Busing from Angol is going to be a long trip and probably more expensive than a flight. You need to go into Argentina and back into Chile. If you have a US passport, this will mean a reciprocity fee of US$160 paid online before you can travel. Price flights from Puerto Montt to Punta Arenas and book as far in advance as you can to get a good price. You can get a bus from Angol to Temuco to Puerto Montt.

Saratoga Springs...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone want to hike the w circuit January 6/7/8-11/12/13?

Thanks for your suggestions,I've been looking at maps trying to piece together a bus route, but I didn't factor in the visa fee for Argentina. I assume that would be in addition to the visa fee I'll have to pay when I arrive in Santiago. Perhaps I may need to modify my exploration to sites in the Lake District. It looks as if there are many beautiful trails in a number of National Parks in Chile.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,375 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone want to hike the w circuit January 6/7/8-11/12/13?

There are indeed very beautiful parks in the area. You are going to be very near Nahuelbuta national park, one of my favourite areas in Chile, and not far from Conguillio national park. You will be in a great area!

Miami Beach, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone want to hike the w circuit January 6/7/8-11/12/13?

Fun! Will you be traveling up north in Chile after? And where will you be coming from? I booked 2 nights in a hostel in Ushuaia and will probably take a bus to puerto natales to start the hike! Let me know your plans if you would want a 3rd traveller!

8. Re: Anyone want to hike the w circuit January 6/7/8-11/12/13?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 06:21