We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have 2.5 days in Torres Del Paine, leave tomorrow ... Help

San Francisco...
2 posts
Save Topic
I have 2.5 days in Torres Del Paine, leave tomorrow ... Help

Hi - this is a little ridiculous, but I just got another 2.5 days added to my trip and I'd like to go from el calafate to Torres del Paine. I've rented a car and leave tomorrow at 5pm. This will give me Wednsday, Thursday and most of Friday in the park. I don't have to be back in el calafate until 9/10pm on Friday the 4th.

I would love recommendations or any advice. Some questions?

1) where should I stay on Tuesday (tomorrow) night?

2) can I park the car in the park and hike/camp Wednesday and Thursday?

3) what can I absolutely not miss?

4) likely not a great question, but I'd also love to avoid crowds ... Is this unreasonable based on the amount of time I have and time of year? I'm a fairly experienced hiker

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,554 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have 2.5 days in Torres Del Paine, leave tomorrow ... Help

Sorry, you are in the Chile forum and I am confused about where you are starting from. Are you in Argentina? Flying to El Calafate or are you already there? Have rented a car there?

1) Don't know where you are coming from, so can't say.

2) Yes.

3) It will be crowded and you don't have enough days to go beyond the crowds.

Driving from El Calafate to Torres del Paine will take about 5-6 hours depending on delays at the border and without going via Puerto Natales. The park closes at 8 pm but they will probably let you enter and pay the entrance fee the next day. Not really sure about that.

Edited: 30 December 2013, 19:05
2. Re: I have 2.5 days in Torres Del Paine, leave tomorrow ... Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 05:17