We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1-2 day hikes

Stanford, California
Level Contributor
59 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
1-2 day hikes

Hi everyone,

My friends and I are visiting Torres del Paine in about 3 weeks or so. We get in fairly early on day 1 and leave roughly mid day on day 3. That leaves most of the first and all of the second day open for hiking. Does anyone have suggestions? We're all in our 20s, in pretty good shape and relatively well accustomed to hiking. We were also thinking of camping instead of staying at a hotel, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Siddharth

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,759 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1-2 day hikes

It's a big park. Where will you be staying and what transport are you using?

Stanford, California
Level Contributor
59 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1-2 day hikes

Hi there...I'm open to your suggestions on that. The thought was to probably rent a car at Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1-2 day hikes

SiddharthK, my wife and I did something similar to what you are planning, here is my trip report. Hope it helps.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g670171-i12474-k52…

Stanford, California
Level Contributor
59 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1-2 day hikes

Thank you! That's very helpful! I'll read through it and get back with questions

Stanford, California
Level Contributor
59 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1-2 day hikes

Hello again,

Flat_Planet, I had a question to ask you...would you know how easy it is to rent camping gear in Puerto Natales/Punta Arenas? We have tents and sleeping mats, but we don't want to lug around sleeping bags for just 2 days of use and also we can't check in butane fuel containers...so if you have any suggestions, that'd be great!

Thanks!

Siddharth

Edited: 15 March 2014, 18:53
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1-2 day hikes

Hi Siddharth

Sorry, I dont know anything about renting camping gear (but it sounds like a great idea).

You might want to post that question as a new thread in the forum to see what others think.

Good luck

Flat_Planet

Stanford, California
Level Contributor
59 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1-2 day hikes

Good idea, thanks!

8. Re: 1-2 day hikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 04:49