We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Podstrana sea

london
Level Contributor
62 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Podstrana sea

Hi,

As Podstrana is so close to a bigger city (Split) with a big port, I was wondering if the sea might be less beautiful/clean than in other towns along the coast. I have found a nice accommodation there for a beach holiday, but if the sea is not as nice as in other places, I would move south towards Omis. Let me know, thanks!

Ana

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Podstrana sea

The sea is 100% clean everywhere in Dalmatia if you move out of the harbours. For instance one of the most popular beaches in Split is 200 meters from the center. Split is sometimes called the town beach because beaches are everywhere. They are usually pebbles, some are nice to walk on, some less nice but sea is clean. The downside about beaches in Split is the afternoon swimming which can be crowded when people arrive from work. Makarska riviera also has spectacular beaches.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
47,151 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Podstrana sea

Agree with the above post....and some of the most clean water on the coast that I have seen is in Makarska.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Podstrana sea

Last summer the water quality at Podstrana was fine. baltazar.izor.hr/plazepub/kakvoca_detalji10

However, the beaches aren't attractive compared to somewhere like Brela.

london
Level Contributor
62 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Podstrana sea

Thank you all. I have seen in a separate post another traveller saying that the sea is less nice when the wind blows from Split... Reality is, my first choice was Brela, where I have already been once but only for one day, however every single private accommodation I have contacted is already fully booked! That's why I was moving up north.

5. Re: Podstrana sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2017, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Podstrana