We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy beach - ?Mastrinka

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy beach - ?Mastrinka

Due to a number of factors our holiday this year is almost entirely unplanned - other than we have booked an apartment in Mastrinka for two weeks - and we're going on Tuesday. Help!!!

Is the beach at Mastrinka sandy? If not - where is the nearest sandy one?

Do we need a car? We're thinking of doing some travelling but from what I can see buses and boats are reliable.

Is it worth going up to Dubrovnik for a couple of days?

What/where else would you recommend? Our party is my husband, me and our two sons (aged 11 and 14).

Thank you to anyone who can spend a few minutes answering these!

Michele

Split...
Level Contributor
117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandy beach - ?Mastrinka

hello,

in Mastrinka no sandy beaches, the beaches are gravel. If you have time go to Dubrovnik. I'm sure you'll like it

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy beach - ?Mastrinka

Thanks Frane - we like the idea of a couple of days in Dubrovnic so will probably go there.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandy beach - ?Mastrinka

Don't go to Dubrovnik without having accommodation booked as this is peak season. It takes 4-5 hours to drive there assuming no traffic and no delay at the Bosnian border. Croatia is not known for sandy beaches - you can virtually list them all. Get water shoes and swimming is easy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandy beach - ?Mastrinka

Thanks Jude- I thought that was the case about the beaches but promised the boys I would ask! Water shoes being picked up tomorrow along with snorkelling gear.

We won't be hiring a car so is it easy enough to get to Dubrovnic on the bus? We're happy to do that and assumed we could arrange in Trogir.

Michele

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandy beach - ?Mastrinka

Some of the buses go through Trogir then onto Split then Dubrovnik. Check out the Trogir bus station website but the best one is www.ak-split.hour which Split bus station's site - look at time from Trogir to Split then from Split to Dubrovnik - by checking ths bus companies you can work out the ones that go through all the way. You will be on the bus for 5 hours minimum and arrive at Gruz the port not the old city. If you decide to do it then get seats on the right of the bus. And sort out accommodation before you go. When in Trogir you can do lots of trips with local your companies too or get buses to Primosten etc.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,532 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandy beach - ?Mastrinka

How about taking the boys out to Bol on Brac...not a sand beach but a very nice and lively beach.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandy beach - ?Mastrinka

Bol would be a good idea - much easier to get to than Dubrovnik and much more child/teen oriented for a holiday. You would need to book Bol in advance too and you may find it difficult to get anything for less than 3 nights as it is absolute peak season.

8. Re: Sandy beach - ?Mastrinka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2017, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Ciovo Island
More Ciovo Island Topics