We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Altitude Sickness at Zhongdian

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Altitude Sickness at Zhongdian

Hi,

We are planning to go to Zhongdian with this itinerary:

1 night- Kunming

4 nights-Lijiang

4 nights Zhongdian (ascent in 1 day by car with stops)

Should that be good enough for getting used to the altitude at Zhongdian? As I am generally prone to colds and flus, and overall weak immunity, I am a bit nervous, but would love to go there.

Thanks!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Altitude Sickness at Zhongdian

You may bring some "Acetazolamide" with you in case you suffer from high altitude sickness.

You need doctor's prescription.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetazolamide

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Altitude Sickness at Zhongdian

You can bring some "Acetazolamide" with you in case you suffer from high altitude sickness.

You need doctor prescription.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetazolamide

Edited: 21 December 2013, 04:49
Sydney
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Altitude Sickness at Zhongdian

Zhongdian was the first time I had experienced altitude sickness. It wasnt dreadful but I was out of breath climbing the stairs to the second story of the hotel and felt a little breathless during the night while sleeping. Wasnt dreadful experience.We flew from Kunming to Zhongdian and went by road to at Lijang on the way back. Probably wouldve been better to do it the other way round. was an awesome trip though!!!

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Altitude Sickness at Zhongdian

Re the Jade Dragon Mountain cable car : went up last year , with a massive majority of Han lowlander tourists . Somewhat to my surprise I saw no real problems except a elderly lady with a greyish tinge on the return journey.

…wordpress.com/2014/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Altitude Sickness at Zhongdian

I live at 2000 m above sea level in dali. Altitude sickness knocked me on backsidethe first day in Zhongdian.... Lots of water ... It took me a few days to adjust.

Asia
Level Contributor
931 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Altitude Sickness at Zhongdian

Wow, I was so lucky. I didn't feel anything.

27. Re: Altitude Sickness at Zhongdian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2015, 06:16