We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi price and negotiation, dali - shaxi - TLG

Which Shangri-La County hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
Level Contributor
503 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
taxi price and negotiation, dali - shaxi - TLG

we're staying at Horsepen46 in Shaxi, have been in communication w/ them to arrange pickup in Dali, drive to Shaxi and then three days later drive to TLG. They quoted us initially 800Y, I asked for a discount since we were doing 2 separate trips; they went down to 750 but then added 80Y since it was farther to go to the Dali airport than pickup in town. So the total price is 780.

Seems a little high given what I've read, but on the other hand it's a lot of driving and I'm at a loss as to what to say next if I want to keep negotiating. I take it the driver is someone local in Shaxi.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,754 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi price and negotiation, dali - shaxi - TLG

Sounds very reaonable to me.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi price and negotiation, dali - shaxi - TLG

High? great quote to me.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi price and negotiation, dali - shaxi - TLG

Transport to and from Shaxi is always a little problem - that is one of the reasons why so few foreigners go there.

There is little in the way of local transport, and the road is being rebuilt for the new highway between Dali and Lijiang routed through JianChuan, so it takes quite a while to get there.

4. Re: taxi price and negotiation, dali - shaxi - TLG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 15:16