We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Leaping Gorge

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tiger Leaping Gorge

I am planning to hike from Qiutou to Naxi Family Guesthouse, due to surgery on my leg I cannot walk very far. Does Naxi have email or do I need to phone them. Also want to get a bus from Qiuotou to Shangri-la, please can someone advise where I get the bus from. Thank You.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiger Leaping Gorge

Naxi Family Guesthouse is located under the 28 bends,in a relatively high place.Usually,it takes passengers 2 hours more to get there by starting walking at the entrance.If you have injuries on your leg,you should follow your surgeon's advice,and go to Tina's Guesthouse instead,which is more accessible than Naxi Family.

I didn't mean that Naxi Family is not as good as Tina's Guesthouse,but the latter fits you better.Both owners are my friends.But if you persist to visit Naxi Family,mules may help you to get there.

For bus from Qiaotou to Shangri-La,you don't need to prebook.There are many each day,just stand by roads and wave your hands.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiger Leaping Gorge

I believe that you can arrange for the Naxi Famlliy Guesthouse to drive you up:

http://chinainmyhands2013.blogspot.co.uk/

I PMed the writer on here and he confirmed that it was easy to do. Seems like a good way to get up to a decent viewing area if you don't want to / can't hike. Its also mentioned in a couple of TA reviews.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiger Leaping Gorge

Thanks for the advice, do you need to hike to Tina's?

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiger Leaping Gorge

Tina's Guesthouse is built by road side in Middle Gorge,which is accessible by car.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiger Leaping Gorge

bedknobs I have read your blog - great photos and useful info, thanks

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiger Leaping Gorge

Not my blog! Just one I found useful. Don't want to be stealing credit. :)

7. Re: Tiger Leaping Gorge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 06:19