We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

Hi,

i'll be going to Lijang in October & heading straight to Shangri-La directly via Taxi or Bus.

can anyone advise, is it easy to find a driver @ Shangri-La? Iv read that the guesthouses in Lijiang helps to arrange but is it the same in Shangri-La ? I need a driver in Shangri-La & when going back to Lijiang... (wish to visit Tiger Leaping Gorge , White-Water Tettaces on my way back) & perhaps in Lijiang as well...

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,957 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

Same deal in Shangri-La. Any guesthouse or small agency in Shangri-La can set you up with a driver, often with just 1 or 2 days' notice. If you want to make stops at the White Water Terraces and TLG, that will be a longer drive on a smaller road than the main highway, so will be a larger cost for the car/driver setup. That's a pretty popular month for travel, so if you're a solo or pair, you may be able to get placed in a join-in van with others doing the same thing, and save some money over a dedicated private vehicle.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

Hi Kvchina,

thanks for the info! I will look around the reviews on TA on Shangri-La guesthouses. Hopefully im able to find one & i'll book a driver thru them.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,585 posts
547 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

Just do it after you arrive.

Edited: 15 July 2014, 05:10
Lijiang, China
Level Contributor
113 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

Its very easy to buy bus ticket between LiJiang and Shangri-la. you can choice this way.

and you can rent a local car in Shangrila for 1-2 days trip. it will save lots of cost.

Team of Theyaktraveller

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

Hi,

can anyone recommend guesthouses that helps set up transport services for guests? Require a driver to be familiar with both Shangri-La & Lijiang. ...

Thx

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,957 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

ALL of them will be able to set you up with transport and all the drivers will be familiar with both S-L and Lijiang. As #3 says, just deal with this after you arrive in Shangri-La.

Gelsenkirchen...
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

How is the temperature in shangrila in october?

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

Tiger Leaping Gorge is a must do, it was AMAZING! Only thing I'd do different is stay at the hostel there for a night to give me more time to explore at my own pace. It's quite a trek!

Lijiang, China
Level Contributor
113 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

the temperature in shangrila in october will be very nice, between 15--22, very good temperature to travel and trek.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lijiang to Shangri-La trip in October

I have just returned from ShangriLa and Lijiang. We had a driver from Shangri- La to pick us at Lijiang and took us to Tiger Laping Gorge on the way to ShangriLa . Then we spent 2 days in ShangriLa with him. We booked E Outfitter Star Hostel but it cheated on us. We were transferred to another hostel because E outfitter was full( we booked it 1 month ago) . We ended up staying at daijilinhua which is very warm and homely .