We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cub 4 Help organization

bedford
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cub 4 Help organization

So I just got back from Costa Maya - and had pictures taken with the cubs. two week old cubs that we were told that they were not getting fed by there mom etc.

I am now all freaked out wanting to know if they are a true organization or not. They do have a facebook page. But I read something from Cabo (just searching on the internet) that something like this was not a good organization. Does anyone know or how I can find out.

It is really bothering me that one of the things I was truly excited about could be something not good for the animals.

And I prefer to have some facts...thanks. I am trying to do my own research. But would love it if someone lived there and truly knew.

They said they are based in cancun.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Cub 4 Help organization

was ur cub georgie? I was there last week and its been bothering since. When I appraoched the "volunteers" i asked where was the moher and if the cub get a brake during the 9hrs of pictures. They said yes but I never seen them brake the cub. They told me I worry to much and they r saving the cubs from the cirucs and being killed. They really seamed genuie but it cud all be apart of the act....I really want to know the truth as well. If it is a scam, How do they get legitimately get away with false advertised, cruelty to animals, false organizations and no owernship rights??

bedford
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cub 4 Help organization

mine was not georgie..and I would like to know how they could do it too. You would think they would be stopped

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,441 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cub 4 Help organization

IMy response isn't going to make you feel better.

This is a scam. Many people report that the cubs appear drugged (presumably in order to keep them docile) and that they're mistreated (no water, kept out all day in the hot sun, etc.)

How these people come by the animals in the first place, I dread to think. What happens to those cubs when they become too big to handle, is likely (or perhaps hopefully) a merciful release from their tortured lives.

There are numerous other threads on this:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k5831…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k509278…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k526032…

That last link gives you an address to write to and voice your concerns.

The best way to object, of course, is to not give these b*****ds any of your money. This vile trade ONLY exists because it makes money. If people stopped making it so lucrative, it would cease to exist.

Troy, Michigan...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Cub 4 Help organization

I just got back as well and had the same feeling. I stood and watched them for awhile while I waited for our photo. I have been trying to research the organization as well, and they only come up through the cruise websites which leads me to conclude they are not a legitimate organization. I feel terrible knowing I gave them money. The best thing to do is get the word out that they are not legitimate and hopefully people will not participate. It's so hard knowing the cubs are so cute and everyone wants to be able to get that close to one. It makes me so sad

5. Re: Cub 4 Help organization

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Costa Maya