We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving

Houston TX
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Diving

A group of four are trying to schedule some diving on an upcoming cruise. We will visit Cozumel and will definitely dive there but we are debating between Roatan, Belize and Costa maya. Has anyone done a similar cruise itinerary and have advice or recommendations for dive masters or choices. Thanks.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving

The only Costa Maya cruise ship port (that I know of) is at Mahahual. The dive shop that we've used is XTC Diving (in Xcalak) - which is great - but too far from Mahahual for a cruise ship stop.

Generally speaking, they dive along the Chinchorro Reef from both Mahahual and Xcalak. I'm not sure where the 'usual dive areas' are for your stops Belize or Roatan.

My reason for mentioning this is, your time will be limited - I've been on trips in Belize where people got 'left behind' because of the time it took to get to the site.

So, because I'm a person who obsesses about such things, I'd go with the cruise ship's recommended person - and your schedule/time is their problem.

2. Re: Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:18