We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in the Cabrales area of Spain - in Asturias

warwickshire, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in the Cabrales area of Spain - in Asturias

We are going on holiday to Berodia

near Los Picos de Europa park in 4 weeks and staying in house in the village. I believe the nearest place of any size is Las Arenas.. I was wondering if anyone could recommend places to eat in the area. Any type, any price - just trying to get a general idea of ehat is available.

Thanks very much

Mentioned in this post
Picos de Europa
Picos de Europa
218 Reviews
Asturias, Spain
6 replies to this topic
Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in the Cabrales area of Spain - in Asturias

There are plenty of places in Arenas and around about, Llanes has very good seafood, and Cangas de Onis also has lots of restaurants. I would recommend asking at your hosts where they would recommend too.

Mentioned in this post
Llanes
Llanes
Asturias, Spain
Cangas de Onis
Cangas de Onis
Asturias, Spain
Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in the Cabrales area of Spain - in Asturias

In Las Arenas, I recomend "La taberna del Pindal" I was there in June and the food is fantastic, also there is a very small village on the road to Panes called Oceño that serves fantastic local food, Casa Alfonso, (virtually everything is grown locally) but they do it to order only. Their phone is 985415846, ask for Alfonso or Cami; besides the hamlet is beatiful.

Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in the Cabrales area of Spain - in Asturias

I heartily agree with the previous poster about La Taberna del Pindal. Just a block or two east of Picos de Europa hotel, in the center of things...in the rear of a building on the Main St. The food and service were fabulous and memorable! I tried to write a review, but apparently this restaurant is off tripadvior's radar and they wanted to check it out first...

Mentioned in this post
Picos de Europa
Picos de Europa
218 Reviews
Asturias, Spain
Cannes, France
Level Contributor
1 post
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in the Cabrales area of Spain - in Asturias

As I only know La Taberna, I can't recommend any other resaurants in the vicinity. This said, it would be difficult to find better. The restaurant itself is unpretensious, but posseses a back garden and a homely interior. It's a family-run affair with fine home cooking and a charming waitress who speaks English....a rarerity in these parts. The whole is welcoming and very good value for money. Waitresses may move on, but the food and location remain the same. A place to visit.

Asturias
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in the Cabrales area of Spain - in Asturias

I too can recommend La Taberna del Pindal, as the best place in Las Arenas .... their beetroot soup is lovely.

Others .... if you head east down the Cares valley from Las Arenas, you'll come across a place called Trescares, where you'll find the Restaurante Monte Rio, great food, nice open balcony at the back, above average price. Go further east on the same road and you'll come across Casa Julian at Niserias; above average prices but recommend roast young goat or lamb and their 'patatas rellenas' (potatoes stuffed with meat).

If you venture down the Deva valley (from Panes to Potes) then there's a really good value place, good food no frills .... it's at La Hermida and called Posada Campo.

If you want Michellin starred chef's then you'll have to go west of Las Arena, there's one at Arriondas called el Corral del Indianu but the one I'd recommend would be Casa Marcial at La Salgar (about 5km North of Arriondas. Of course the above two restaurants, for many, will be eye watering prices.

If you find yourself in Llanes, then my fvourite is El Journu at Pancar. It's a little over 0.5km walk up the riverside path from the centre of town, then a short stretch of road.

Mentioned in this post
Potes
Potes
Cantabria, Spain
Arenas de Cabrales...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in the Cabrales area of Spain - in Asturias

I'm recommend the Restaurant Salamandra. in the hotel torrecerredo. 200m from the village. lovely food, lovely views to the mountains. nice friendly staff and the most important: if you have any diet, like gluten free, vegetarian, vegans etc They are for you.

most of the staff speak English and They provide a godd information about the area and what to do.

QUE APROVECHE

Reply to: Restaurants in the Cabrales area of Spain - in Asturias
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Arenas de Cabrales