We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting back to London from Savudrija

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting back to London from Savudrija

My fiancee and I are planning to go interrailing around eastern europe for our Honeymoon in June 2013, we have decided to finish up in Savudrija for a few days lying on the beach/getting pampered before we go back to the UK but we're not sure the best route to get back to the UK/London from there.

There seems to be fairly frequent and cheap flights from Zagreb to London but I'm not sure how much of a pain it is to get from Savudrija to Zagreb - anyone who could give us advice of the best way to get from A to B or if you have better suggestions of Airports to fly from it would be much appreciated!

Additionally if anyone has any ideas of good ways to get from the Julian Alps in Slovenia to Savudrija it would be a massive help also!

Many Thanks

11 replies to this topic
Rovinj, Croatia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting back to London from Savudrija

Hello!

Try to see if there is a flight from Pula airport, Pula is much closer to Savudrija then Zagreb!

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting back to London from Savudrija

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately Pula doesn't seem to have many flights to London per week (unless we take several planes - 14hrs+!) so doesn't really fit into our schedule. Shame. Anyone else have any suggestions of Airports or the best way to get to Zagreb? Thanks!

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting back to London from Savudrija

There are lots of cheap flights from London to Pula - suggest that you look at the Skyscanner site and this will show the airlines that do fly to and from UK

They may not have their schedules up for next year at the moment but you can look up this month to give you information

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting back to London from Savudrija

Hi Korcula, thanks for the advice.

I just checked on Skyscanner however and every single flight during the week has several stops with the shortest time back to London being 6hrs (for a 2 hour flight distance). Ryan Air do one journey on a saturday but we cannot travel back on the weekend (and I'd rather not travel with Ryanair anyway - they are awful!).

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting back to London from Savudrija

Jet2 fly to Manchester - could then get train to London - maybe better than trying to fly from Zagreb

http://www.jet2.com/

or Thomsonfly travel from Pula to Gatwick :-

http://flights.thomson.co.uk/en/index.html

Good luck !

Rovinj, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting back to London from Savudrija

I have taken numerous flights from Trieste to Stansted with Ryanair without any problems. You should be able to take a bus to Trieste for their flight.

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting back to London from Savudrija

Sorry forgot to mention that if you book with Thomsonfly or Jet2 book early to get the best prices - I usually book my flights to the UK to see family around Dec/Jan - as soon as the new schedules are on the site

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
441 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting back to London from Savudrija

Ljubljana airport is also much closer to Savudrija than Zagreb. As far as I remember there are Easyjet flights to either Luton or Stansted.

Did you consider hiring a car? It may make sense for the last bit of your journey. Get from the Julian Alps to Ljubljana airport, pick the car there, drive to Savudrija and then back straight to the airport.

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting back to London from Savudrija

I have been following this thread and still think that your best option is with thomsonfly to gatwick - a friend of ours used this flight to Pula and return in May this year and she flew mid week and said that there were quite a few days to chose from - she also said that the airline was OK - on time and had good service on board etc

Let me know how you get on as I also know of other airlines to UK - I keep check on all of them as I am from UK but live here and check for myself flying to UK and for friends visiting us here in Croatia

Edited: 05 September 2012, 01:30
London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting back to London from Savudrija

Wow, thanks all for the responses. very helpful!

Korcula - if I can find flights with Thomsonfly to Gatwick that would be perfect, so far I cannot see anything midweek which isn't several different plane journeys but I'm hoping more flights will appear in the next few months (we're going early June so got a little while to go yet).

Thanks also to Igro01 for the driving suggestion, hadn't even thought of that! definitely a good idea for a backup plan - what's it like driving in Croatia/Slovenia? (being a that I live in London I very rarely drive anymore - about once a year!)

Thanks again all :) sure I'll work out the best way to do this!

Reply to: Getting back to London from Savudrija
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Savudrija