We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viceroy

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,293 posts
285 reviews
Save Topic
Viceroy

Room pictures and buy one get one deal

materialgirlsblog.com/dallas/…

villasofdistinction.com/specials/…

Ellen

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viceroy

The rooms really do look beautiful. I don't think I could stay there though as the beach down that end of Meads is always a little choppier. Barnes doesn't seem all that calm either in the few times we've walked it.

And then there is just this stubborn standing on principle, believing that this is not what Anguilla is all about. But hey, who know, maybe this is the new modern face of Anguilla? Certainly its the one they want to project for the rest of the world to see.

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viceroy

Daffy you always have words of wisdom! The project is not for me--

but hey I had nay sayings about Cuisinart, and now I think its a fine addiiton

to the island. My MAIN concern about Viceroy----the walled in affect-

certainly not what Anguilla is all about! Right now I just want the

construction over so I don't have to play Dodgum Indian when

driving at night-and for Foods 95 to have my myers rum in stock!~

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,293 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viceroy

More Viceroy news - this place really is going to have it all - it's not for me either, but I will go and have a look - from the article:

A swim-through grotto at the separation point of Barnes and Meads bays has phosphorescent fish and coral for some of the best snorkeling in Anguilla.

There will also be an Aquatic Center with facilities for a wide range of non-motorized water sports, including sailing, windsurfing and snorkeling.

A 1,500-square-foot boutique will house a unique selection of women’s and men’s apparel and accessories as well as lifestyle accessories. An intimate sundry store will also serve guests.

http://ow.ly/uQMv

The most important thing is that they open, get business and add jobs.

Ellen

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viceroy

Sounds good but I'm having a hard time believing the snorkeling claims.

Penny, I'll just be happy not to see that huge crane every time I look down that end of Meads Bay.

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viceroy

Now THAT is an even better idea! Dinner at Malli, dessert and the Eagles at Straw Hat. I think I'll drop them an email asking that the Eagles be the game of the night.

Thanks too Penny, can you just picture us after a few drinks playing Sherlock Holmes and looking for TV's behind secret panels? Thanks for the heads up, so I guess its best to ask if we don't spot one right away. That would be the easiest thing, just to stay put.

You are all wonderful! Great suggestions.

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viceroy

So sorry posted this under the wrong thread.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,978 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viceroy

A new positive look-at-it-this-way spin on Viceroy:

Aren't you just so tickled and relieved that at least it took the place of the unmentionable horror that resided there before it?

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viceroy

something about the lavish waterfall in the front and all the locals having to stare at that each and every day....I dunno..I don't like it..As far as the jobs I truly wonder what percentage of upper management will be Anguillians.

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Viceroy

I visited the site, and while it might not be my personal favorite--It is going to be great for others. Carlton will be running the restaurant and he is a true professional. I will say that the main restaurant is going to be breathtaking. It is too big for me--but they got it done. It is so sad to drive past Temenos Golf Course and the main entrance and see the landscaping overgrown and looking awful.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Viceroy

Anyone have any updates on Viceroy progress? I saw on the forum that they'll be closed Dec 1-15. Does that mean that construction's complete?