We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Info Needed

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Info Needed

I have only been to AXA in the summer months. Typically is Mead's Bay usually rough end of Nov.? What is Shoal Bay West near TT and Cove Bay at Smokey's typically like? Mom is 87 years young and LOVES to swim but needs an easy entry..

thanks

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,222 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Info Needed

In November the Caribbean side is typically calmer. Cove and Rendezvous Bays should be calm. On the Atlantic side, it so depends on the winds during the day even on Meads and Shoal Bay East which can both have days with calm seas. When they're churned up, I've gone over to Sandy Ground and found it was like glass.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Info Needed

We have gone every November for years & years and it depends on what is churning out in the Atlantic. If there is a storm out there, the waves on Meads can be 6-8 feet and even when they're smaller, the undertow can be wicked. However, I have seen Meads at that time of year as calm as Maundays. You just can't know in advance. Very late November should be fine as it's awfully close to the end of hurricane season. Lenny (1999) is the latest one I remember in the area and that was the 18th or 19th of November (and it was a freak storm -- came from the wrong way).

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Info Needed

We were there for Luis, enough said. That was so awful they ( Noaa) retired the name. You will be fine. Once again the UM staff has caused an uproar-------------(UM---Stands for University of Michigan)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
330 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Info Needed

Hi, we used to stay on island at the end of Oct or early Nov and the water on Mead's was typically fine but I think it's really depending on the weather, smooth one day, 20 ft waves the next! Enjoy!.....................great for body surfing.

5. Re: Beach Info Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 07:16