We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropics

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Tropics

I have always had a hobby of watching all the weather charts and graphs.

The systems coming off the coast of Africa have suddenly picked up in intensity, and the system that bothers me is Earl. All the projected paths have him coming pretty close to Anguilla on or around Monday.

Danielle is expected to head towards Bermuda but then suddenly turn off and head back out to sea. Could be a problem for the Titanic expedition.

The system behind Earl looks to be a big one but still needs more development to become named.

anguilla
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropics

Weather Underground predicts all three storms going well north of the Islands, though the weather certainly warrants our attention these days. Just in from power-walking, and thought it was hotter than ususal. anguilla-weather.com says the heat index right now, at 8 am is 102. Yikes! I'll stop at Tropical and grab an extra Gatrorade ono the way into the gallery........

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropics

Yes asav--I have never experienced heat in Anguilla like this !!! You break a sweat after a shower....Believe me I am pulling for all storms pulling north---but watch Earl.

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropics

Scott--Horribly hot and humid with no breeze here in Str Croix too. I'm now a member of the Church of Perpetual Perspiration

anguilla
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropics

I always know it's going to be a scorcher, when my Anguilla dogs seem to "flatten out" on the tile floor, and not move a single muscle. Except to eat.............

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropics

Howard, I think we are members of the same church--wow--it is unbelievably hot !!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,493 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropics

Storm Watch - turn baby turn

http://www.stormcarib.com/

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropics

FYI - Canadian consular has emailed a request to share the following info....'Tropical Storm Earl is approaching the northern islands of the Lesser Antilles. This storm has the potential to develop into a hurricane.' This email was sent today to those who have registered with the consular in the past while traveling to the area. Stay safe!!!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tropics

This is a good weather site to monitor multiple models and discussions..

http://crownweather.com/?page_id=325

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,493 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tropics

Steve Donohue has posted a severe weather alert on his Anguilla Weather site:

http://www.anguilla-weather.com/

Ellen

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tropics

Does not looking promising for me here in Antigua and you guys in Anguilla. Doing our inventory this morning at work, just to be safe, covering up all our computers, phones, faxes etc etc .

The 8am advisory for today.

roflsaurus.com/users/public/f36740earlm72.gif