We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy Point Beach

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
N.J.
Level Contributor
439 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy Point Beach

I'm interested in a Villa that has a 1 minute path to Sandy Point Beach. I'm not familiar with this beach, i only know that there may be a few villa's on it.

Does anyone know how this beach is and is it of good quality(not too rocky).

The rental is Villa Alegria, if anyone has stayed there i would love to hear how you liked it.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandy Point Beach

Don't know the villa; but the" Villas of Distinction" website says that the location is "Blowing Point."

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy Point Beach

Lori, now that I think about it, on one of the forums recently someone did mention Sandy Point also know as Lover's Point. I had never heard of it before but someone who has will respond I am sure. Looks like a beautiful villa.

N.J.
Level Contributor
439 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandy Point Beach

Feather4u, Villa Alegria has it's own web site( www.alegriaanguilla.com) which says that it's a 1 minute walk to Sandy Point Beach.

I know it's near Blowing point because the Tennis Academy is a 5 minute drive from the villa and i remember the academy was near Blowing point.

I think Beach Escape is on this beach too.

I'm going to try and search Lover's point and see if i can find anything.

Thanks

The Valley, Anguilla
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandy Point Beach

We have stayed at Villa Alegria twice. It is a lovely villa and I would not hesitate to stay there again. We stayed with a large group (family reunion of sorts) once and just our family of 5 once, and also had friends over for cocktails. The pool is spectacular, infinity type that looks out to St. Martin. My favorite things about the house are: the bathrooms (great tubs, outdoor rain showers, etc.), the kitchen-so well-equipped plus an extra outdoor kitchen, the media room, which our teens loved and the short walk down to the beach and to Ferryboat Inn for the best burgers on the island. The path leads from the back terrace, down next to the pool and there you are. There is a shower by the path for showering off when you return. Great snorkelling off the beach. If you have any other specific questions that I have not answered, feel free to ask.

N.J.
Level Contributor
439 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandy Point Beach

Lionfishaxa, my main concern is the quality of the beach and after the fall storms wondering if they still have a beach which i'm going to email the website and ask about. Can you tell me is this a good beach for swimming? Does this beach get alot of action besides people coming from the villa's next to it?

How was the privacy at this villa? Are there other villa's right next to you?

Thanks

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
403 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandy Point Beach

Sandy Point Beach is the point at the end of the beach in front of The Ferryboat Inn. The beach at FBI goes from the pier at Blowing Point to Sandy Point and around the corner for a bit.

I've never seen any of the villa people down there, but there might be a way to get down to the beach. The beach is nice and not rocky. It is usually calmer in the area around the point. When we left in the middle of November, the water was just waist deep quite a ways out, but that is unusual.

HTH - Bea

7. Re: Sandy Point Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 05:23