We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels with beaches for snorkeling

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
hotels with beaches for snorkeling

My wife and I are considering staying on Meads Bay and then Cap Juluca on Maudays (planning to split time between a "mid" level hotel and then splurge for a couple nights at a high end place). We enjoy a nice pretty beach, but are not the type that can just sit in a lounger all day - like to keep occupied (love snorkeling, enjoy kayaking, etc.).

Can anyone tell me how the snorkeling is at Cap Juluca vs. Meads Bay (water clarity, interesting coral/rock formations/fish to look at, etc.)? I understand Shoal Bay East is the best for snorkeling, but doesn't seem to be great for hotels (reviews on Ku seem questionable). But if people have recommendations for other hotels/beach locations good for the activities I've mentioned please let me know.

Anguilla
Level Contributor
920 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels with beaches for snorkeling

Snorkelling at Cap Juluca is boring because there's no reef. The same at Meads Bay, however it's good at both ends, perhaps better at the Malliouhana end.

Shoal Bay East visitors not requiring luxury speak highly of Serenity and Shoal Bay Villas. Good snorkelling quite close to both.

Islander

Anguilla
Level Contributor
927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels with beaches for snorkeling

Select any hotel that is in close proximity to Shoal Bay East, as the reef structures that are located here are considered to be the best for snorkeling on Anguilla. Use the link that I have provided to contact Junior Fleming. He is considered to be the Anguillian expert, and offers reasonably priced 3 hour guided group snorkeling trips. I believe that Junior charged us $40 per person 5 months ago? Zabar

anguilla-shores.com/Captain-Jr-Fleming.html

3. Re: hotels with beaches for snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 06:18