We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Room At Viceroy

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Which Room At Viceroy

Ok..I have looked everywhere for a better description of the rooms at Viceroy and cannot figure out which room to stay in. Interestingly, there is a "ocean front" studio and then there is a "ocean view" one bedroom suite which is $44 higher per night and a "ocean view" one bedroom "deluxe" suite that is $111.78 more per night. On the Viceroy web site the description of the two suites are very similar and they even have a diagram of the two suites...but no diagram of the studio ocean front. They need to look at the Cap web site and learn from it..but that is not the issue here. Can anyone help, please? Do the Ocean View Suites have much of a view? and/or do i do without the extras in the suites to get "ocean front"? I do wish that when we put our photos on these sites we would describe the type room we were staying in, rather than "my room" :-) I am guilty of that too.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Room At Viceroy

We have just gone through trying to figure out what room to book at the

Viceroy. I agree the room descriptions are not very thorough. Last year we

stayed in a rooftop suite and although the room itself and the space was

gorgeous we were too far back from the ocean for our likes. While there we

noted certain buildings we would prefer. Then we called the resort and

asked specific questions. We chose to book in a Delux Ocean Front Studio. These rooms were not completed last year while we were there. They are in

buildings 39, 41 and 42 (you can see a map of property on their website).

They are the closest to Meads Bay access. We opted for a studio rather than a suite because we don't need tons of space and we want to be near the beach. I suggest calling the resort with your specific questions and concerns. Hope this helps.

Overland Park...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Room At Viceroy

Question - I currently have a rooftop suite booked for our honeymoon at the Viceroy. Would you recommend a different room selection? How much further are the rooftop suites from Meads Bay than the Ocean Front Studios (walking distance)?

Thanks in advance!

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Room At Viceroy

J&K - are the deluxe ocean front studios really ocean front? It looked like on the Viceroy map I found they would be more ocean view (especially in buildings 41 and 42 since it looks like they are behind the sea centre and pool). That is probably the room type we'll go with, but I just wanted to adjust our expectations.

We can't afford, nor need the space, of a true beach front room at Viceroy, but we want to be as close to the water as possible. We are thinking of combining a Viceroy stay with CJ this May since we loved the CJ beach, but the rooms and attention to detail fell short for us. Any advice you have is most welcome! Thanks.

4. Re: Which Room At Viceroy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2012, 05:32