We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

California
14 posts
Save Topic
Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

Are there any good inexpensive places to eat that are walking distance from the Viceroy? Also, is there a grocery store nearby the Viceroy?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,811 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

Lucy's and B & D Bar-B-Que are right up the road from Malliouhana. If you can walk from Viceroy to Malli, you are almost there. There is also a grocery store right near Lucy's.

These are the closest and most walkable depending on what you think of as walkable.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
337 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

Not far from the front gate is Picante's. Really good Mexican food. For groceries, Foods 95 is just down the road too. The caveat is that it's a pretty good walk from the lobby to the front gate. I think these are a good deal closer than Pepper's suggestions, although she's got a couple of great choices.

US
Level Contributor
343 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

Now wait a minute......looking for a cheap restaurant........on foot.........looking for a place to buy groceries........while staying at one of the most beautiful hotels in the Caribbean and spending big bucks? Sorry, I can't quite connect those dots.

But, in the spirit of advice, I would suggest walking to Foods 95 grocery store. They used to have a little table outside. You can get a bottle of ting and a package of LittleDebbies snack cakes and life will be good. At least that has been my experience. Just thinking about it makes me want to go pack my fake Louis Vitton luggage and run off to Anguilla right now.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

You've been given good advice. There are no cheaps eat in the Westend.! Foods 95 and Christine Flemings are the only grocery stores in the area. Foods 95 has added a hot buffet with a pretty decent selection of foods. I think it's $10 for takeaway. B&D is okay but it's only open Friday and Saturdays.

Not a long walk would be a nice evening at Anacoana. The Mayoumba Folk group performs there on Thursdays. It includes a bountiful, excellent buffet and the show for $35pp then service. Well worth it.

Picante is good but not cheap nor is Lucy's cheap . Cheap by Viceroy standards but not cheap. Lucy's does have 1/2 price appetizers and beers on Tuesdays and Fridays. Picante is going to be around $60 with maybe one drink - not sure.

Viceroy does have bikes for their guests. Be very, very careful on the roads as some Anguillians drive very fast and often are daring by our US standards.

You may want to think about renting a car to get out and about to see the other parts of Anguilla and see the villages and people. Viceroy is beautiful but not Anguillian(IMHO). You really need to see Anguilla.

Glad to answer any questions.

Enjoy yourself in paradise.

AXA Beach Bum

live from North Hill Village

California
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

Yeah it doesn't make sense, huh? If we had to pay for the Viceroy we wouldn't be staying there, but my husband's company is paying for our airfare and lodging at the Viceroy for a group of us. We are on our own for most of our meals though.

California
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. Just how far of a walk is Malliohana? We may try and rent a car for a day or so, but don't they drive on the opposite side of the road?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,903 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

You can easily walk to Strawhat, they have a 3 course dinner for around $35.00 which is very good.

Firefly at Anacaona has good soups and salads - easy walk.

Yes they do drive on the opposite, but it is very easy, you will get used to it right away.

Have a great trip.

Ellen

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

Cheap in my book would only be B&D. We did not think Lucy's or Picante was cheap. Moderate for sure. Also moderate would be Klassic Kafe and Smokeys.

:)

NJ
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

How about delivery from Un Amore. Would Viceroy allow that?

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

Straw Hat is definitely NOT cheap. You'll end up near $50/person.