We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st visit to Anguilla

Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
1st visit to Anguilla

Hello all. I will be goint to Anguilla for the 1st time mid-August. Doing a solo trip. Planned on 4nights 5 day. Is that enough? Thought I would do 1 day at pool, 1 day at beach/water sports, 1/2day driving around and 1/2 day spa. Getting into St. Marteen around 2pm and leaving around 3pm.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: 1st visit to Anguilla

Sunshine--I recommend atleast 6 nights if you can swing it. You don't realize it now but once you get there you won't want to leave and will regret you did not book a longer stay.

Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 1st visit to Anguilla

Thanks msjilly. I agree with you, I think I can do it because I have 4 full nights and 5 days, and I'm by myself. 2 wks away from family is not that easy to do or coordinate. Hey when we went to Australia we saw a lot in 2 weeks! And 2 days just went to flying! I probably will hit 2 different beaches, I just know that when I get situated at a place(beach), I usually stay there! During my R&R trips, I'm usually low keyed, and I love beaches(St. John, Hawaii, Eleuthera Bahamas, Negril, Australia, The Baths), but don't have to see them all in one trip to enjoy a vacation.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 1st visit to Anguilla

Yes, Ideally you would want more time (who wouldn't?) but the beaches and hues of the water are so stunning, the pace so relaxed, that you unwind instantly. And it is easy enough to get to from your part of the USA, so you aren't losing tremendous amounts of time in air travel. I think the folks who discourage us from coming for less than a week are those who have to travel far to get there, or those who can see their way clear to longer stays no matter the destination. I am glad I chose AXA instead of say, SXM or Bahamas ...

So, maybe it feels a bit painful to gear up again after only a few days. In my case, I couldn't spare more than 5 days in AXA last year, as I was combining my trip to AXA with an annual trip to a neighbouring island. This year I was going to do AXA for a full 10 days, but health issues and work considerations (I had to bring work with me ... ugh!) and a bunch of other factors led me back to the other island instead, where I have friends and felt more comfortable dealing with any unforeseen health matters that might crop up. I may re-book AXA for the last week or two of August this year.

Edited: 07 May 2011, 12:34
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
479 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: 1st visit to Anguilla

Islander's posting (as they all do) makes total sense. Since the current government's focus is "jobs, jobs, jobs,", ours (as Islander points out) should be "educate, educate, educate" -- and it starts with children, INFORMED CHILDREN. We love our own kids and grandkids and if we would like to have them enjoy Anguilla as we do, we need to do as Islander suggests and help educate. So, bring a few books on your next visit, we did and presented them at the library. The gals were thankful and posed for a few pics -- made us feel good too.

15. Re: 1st visit to Anguilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 21:18