We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
white plains, ny
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

Wanted to get some input for my honeymoon in the beginning of November. What's the weather like were safe from worms then right? Starting with opinions between the viceroy and the cuisinar resorts. I'm torn because while I Love the beach low key feel I love the look and how new the viceroy is. Thoughts and opinions on hotel, service, food, location greatlyappreciated. Thanks so much.

Boston
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

My husband and I just got married at the Cuisinart and had our 12-day honeymoon there. We rented a car during our stay and visited both Cap Juluca and Viceroy for a drink. In my opinion, there is no comparison between Viceroy and Cuisinart. Cuisinart's grounds and beach are absolutely beautiful. The service, food, and location were superb. Viceroy did not seem to go with the rest of the island. It was very modern and I don't believe has any direct beach access. It was not what we would have picked, and we were thrilled with the Cuisinart. Let me know if you have any questions, we had a great time on our trip.

white plains, ny
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

Thanks so much for your feedback. I do love the look and feel of the cuisinart however are the rooms and property outdated? I know the viceroy being the nicest around and having the nicest amenities do you think the location beach and food is better at the cuisinart? Thanks so much

James

Boston
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

We had a junior suite on the second floor of one of the villas, and were extremely happy with it. The room was very large, comfortable king bed, sitting area, nice balcony with a table and chairs/chaise lounges. The views were incredible. The room also had a large walk-in closet and the bathroom was very large with a separate shower and bathtub. I had read that the rooms were outdated as well (and I'm not sure if they are all the same) but we were extremely happy with our room. We didn't spend much time in the room (we weren't watching TV or anything!) but I can't imagine most people on vacation do. We had room service the first night we got there and breakfast on our balcony one morning.

We only visited the Viceroy lobby bar to watch the sunset and have a drink, so I can't comment much on the rooms or amenities. We didn't see a beach at Viceroy, except for an entrance to a Viceroy beach when we had lunch the next day down at Jacala, which is a little ways down on the beach. I had read that there is a shuttle from Viceroy to their beach-I'm not sure how this works, but if this is correct then it's certainly not right outside your door. Being on the second floor of our villa, all we had to do was walk down the stairs, down a small path and we were on Rendezvous Bay. The beach was gorgeous.

At the time of our trip, the Cuisinart was relatively quiet with very few children, etc. I'm sure this depends on the time of year that you visit.

Also, it is worth mentioning that the spa at the Cuisinart is beautiful. Me and my family used it several times as we were getting ready for the wedding, massages, etc. and it is a very large, well-equipped spa and fitness area. The staff there was wonderful and very nice. Those were some of the best treatments I have ever had, and you are literally looking out at the water and beautiful views when you are in the relaxation room.

I'm sure it is a matter of personal preference, many of the posters seem to love their experience at the Viceroy. We thought the Cuisinart had more of a Caribbean feel, and were very happy with everything. Either way, I would suggest renting a car-there are so many wonderful restaurants and beaches, and it is nice to explore the rest of the island.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

I think it depends on your personal taste. Viceroy is a very modern feel, all sleek edges and lines. Cusinart has a much warmer feel, but could use a little updating ,like flat screen t.v.s, depends on what you like. Congrats and good luck!

Annapolis Md
Level Contributor
133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

We were at Cuisinart last year and the room we stayed in was updated. I don't know if all have been updated, but you can call and ask.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/axalady/page2/.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

We're thinking Viceroy in December, but all this bankruptcy talk is concerning.... have you read up on it?

marketwatch.com/story/barnes-given-ok-to-auc…

Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

andy.....good to see you found this thread. I was just about to post on your viceroy thread that you should probably take a look at this.

In all honesty.....it depends what you want. Viceroy is more Miami Beach and not Caribbean. Cap and Cuisi are more caribbean. I have not stayed at either so can't comment on the rooms but i have walked Cuisi grounds which are nice......and both Cap and Cuisi are right on the beach.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

I'm pretty sure the rooms at Viceroy are a lot more luxurious and modern than CJ or Cuisi.

But yes, I have read it's more modern and less "Caribbean" feeling. I'm fine with that to be honest. I can walk the beaches to get the Caribbean feel! We were primarily focused on having an oceanview room and plungepool to lounge in... and Viceroy has these.

The bankruptcy thing scares me, so I'm purchasing travel protection to cover my butt!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

I decided to repost my comments from the other thread along with additional comments here as well.

Andy--If your heart is set on it, I say go for it. Viceroy's current policy is not to take your money until two weeks before date of arrival. If something happens between now and then you go and book CJ. Last week, a young friend returned from the Viceroy and described it as "Amazing." She said the the room w/ plunge pool was "Amazing", the oceanfront view was "Amazing", the service was "Amazing" and the food was "Amazing," Oh, and of course, Anguilla was "Amazing." She also said that she walked from the Viceroy directly to the beach. No shuttle or construction. Primarily based on the Viceroy experience, on a scale from one-ten, (ten being the highest) she and her three friends rated their five day trip to Anguilla at nine. It missed the ten mark only because they wanted to stay longer.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,771 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

James, last November Viceroy had no beach, they were shuttling people to the Beach Club. If I had my pick of places to stay for my Honeymoon, it would be Cap Juluca.

Ellen