We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
white plains, ny
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

Wanted to get some input for my honeymoon in the beginning of November. What's the weather like were safe from worms then right? Starting with opinions between the viceroy and the cuisinar resorts. I'm torn because while I Love the beach low key feel I love the look and how new the viceroy is. Thoughts and opinions on hotel, service, food, location greatlyappreciated. Thanks so much.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

I've messaged a few people who have written reviews on Viceroy and there is a beach there.

In fact, one person timed the walk from her bedroom to the chair on the beach and said it was a 3 minute total walk....

I do know there was a time when there was construction going on last year, but I think all that is cleared up now.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,493 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

Yes, beach is there NOW, it was there in April 2011 and you can see it quite clearly on the web cam.

Last Nov 2010, there was no beach due to ground seas, it was rock on both sides, Meads and Barnes and they were shuttling people to their beach club. One never knows what Mother Nature will bring.

Ellen

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

"One never knows what Mother Nature will bring."

Indeed, so true. And if they build that breakwater in an attempt to stop Coba restaurant being trashed every time there is a bit of a storm, Mother Nature will think of a whole lot of new things to bring elsewhere, including the adjoining beaches.

Viceroy addicts will just have to pray to Mother Nature that she brings something good. There sure as heck there is no way that anyone else can take care of that.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

Last year we spent 3 nights at the Cuisinart and 5 nights at Viceroy . While the Cuisinart is a nice hotel with an unbelievable beach I believe the Viceroy is hands down the better hotel . Cuisinart felt dated from the word go . From the lobby to the rooms to the restaurants . The food at Cuisinart we felt was not up to par for what it should be or advertised it to be . The Viceroy is beautiful in every sense of the word . The rooms/villas are stunning . The hotel itself is beautiful . The restaurants throughout the hotel were top notch . From breakfast to lunch at the beach to dinner at Coba....all were delicious . Customer service at the hotel was outstanding and the staff left no stone unturned . We loved Viceroy so much we are returning this summer for 10 days .

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

Yeah, just based on everything I've read and all of the pictures I've seen, Viceroy looks A LOT more luxurious, updated, modern, well kept than the other resorts that get brought up here. (perhaps that's why they're bankrupt? haha)

I've read that the other resorts are more "Caribbean" and have the culture of the Caribbeans, where Viceroy is more modern and lacks that culture. When I go on vacation, I'd rather be comfortable and living luxuriously so we chose Viceroy for our honeymoon in December.

It all comes down to personal preference. There's pros and cons to each, but if we're talking rooms, decor, upkeep, etc.... then it goes to Viceroy handsdown IMO (and again, this is solely based on secondary research and photographs so take it with a grain of salt obviously)

Edited: 24 May 2011, 21:40
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

Andy, you are right - each to their own. Some like fancy hotel rooms and are happy to accept that the experience (as far as the hotel goes) would be the same as anywhere else. Others prefer to savour the local flavours in all respects, and are happy to forgo some of what they would get in, say, Miami. Virtually everyone is aware of the fact that there is a more than fair chance that you will not spend a lot of time in your hotel room - whichever it is.

And I think that the consensus on the forum is that to really get the most of your stay at Anguilla, you do need to rent a car and explore some other beaches and restaurants. You can stay anywhere and still enjoy Gwen's, Bankie's, Johnno's and all the other ones, and eat at any of the expensive, moderately priced and cheap restaurants that have been listed here as part of someone's "not to miss" list - many times over.

17. Re: Honeymoon suggestions viceroy vs cuisinart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 05:16