We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meads Bay on Christmas

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
387 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Meads Bay on Christmas

WOW quite a crowd on the beach at Viceroy this morning!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meads Bay on Christmas

It looks very crowded with all the chairs and umbrellas in such a small area.

Read the following Anacaona review by "Mark K", he talks about Viceroy encroaching on Anacaona property and friction caused.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g671490-d148068…

Ellen

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Meads Bay on Christmas

"Anacaona has no beachside restrooms, but the Viceroy does, and once you wander into their grounds for whatever reason, their beachside pool is right there and easily accessible. I'll leave it at that. :-)"

Too funny!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meads Bay on Christmas

Wow - look at it today - even more crowded!!

www.earthcam.com/cams/anguilla/meadsbay/

Edited: 28 December 2012, 17:36
Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meads Bay on Christmas

If you overlook the crowds, Meads Bay looks amazingly calm, I'm jealous.

St. Lucia
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Meads Bay on Christmas

Generally, the week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest week of the whole season. It's also what they call the "high-rent" week; most hotels will charge more per room this week than on any other week of the the year. Depending on the hotel, the rates-per-night can be crazy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meads Bay on Christmas

Sorry daffy2 I can't overlook the crowds.

Not for me!

Have visited Anguilla at many different times over the years but never Xmas and those images convince me that is the time to avoid.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,650 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meads Bay on Christmas

Anguilla is best off season..no problem with crowds, reservations, car hires.

I would not visit over Xmas period.

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meads Bay on Christmas

Neither would I. I would really hate it. Many of my friends have told us that.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Meads Bay on Christmas

On the same Meads Bay that was so crowded at the Viceroy end where they just lost most of their beach due to ground seas, we walked along the beach on Christmas and Boxing days, and there was plenty of room. Turtles Nest, Frangipani, Carimar etc are probably all booked up, but the beach is definitely not crowded, not even by Anguilla standards.

We sat and ate at Blanchard's Beach Shack and there were plenty of free tables and seats, even though business seemed to be brisk enough.

It has been said many times: Viceroy is not Anguilla, in many different respects. And the crowds that fill the Viceroy chairs are Viceroy's only, and they don't seem to move off-property a lot. To each their own, and they can keep Viceroy while I enjoy the rest of the island.

Clearly it is busier now than at other times, but the Viceroy camera is not a good gauge to go by. Look at Roy's Bayside Grill's camera ad you get a totally different picture!

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meads Bay on Christmas

Thanks AXARegular, couldn't of said it better.

Ladies, I would want to be there because Mead's has been flat as a pancake, not to sit with the Viceroy crowds! And because I know the other end of that beach is even calmer and probably empty down by Malliouhana. And I would go during the holidays in a minute. Plenty of gorgeous empty beaches on Anguilla. Hope nobody makes the mistake of thinking the Viceroy web cam is a reflection of Anguilla because it most certainly is not.