We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indigo Reef

Minnetrista...
Level Contributor
282 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Indigo Reef

Hi guys,

I've been weighing my options for a trip with the family for early December. I'm wondering if anyone has stayed at Indigo Reef lately? I'm thinking about a two bedroom villa, and I think the pictures look like a good fit for our family.

DH and I usually stay at Cuisi, but I need a more family friendly (less expensive) option for a week with the kids. I'd prefer the Caribbean side of the island, but I think this location gives us the best of both worlds. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indigo Reef

I've never stayed there, but I did drive by it a little over a week ago. I like the cohesive look of that complex that still allows for some architectural differences and not too same-same. The beach there is pretty terrible (by Anguilla standards), in my opinion. I've never stepped foot on it without getting covered in sand fleas, and not just in the late afternoon, either. It's not a good sandy/swimming beach, though I heard from other forum members that it's great for shelling.

What about the two bedroom at blue waters? would that work instead? Or are you definitely looking for a pool?

Edited: 16 July 2013, 19:05
Minnetrista...
Level Contributor
282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indigo Reef

Ejcrowe,

Thank you for the quick reply. That is good news to hear. We are definately looking for a swimming beach. It's much more important than a pool. I had forgotten about Blue Waters. I will check into it.

Thank you!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indigo Reef

We have considered Indigo Reef. I hear the rooms are really nice, and there is a small beach, but you can walk down to Shoal Bay WEST. Its not far at all.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,046 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indigo Reef

Tony P, for you and your family you should look at Carimar, Turtles Nest or Shoal Bay Villas, ocean front with activities for the kiddos. Paradise Cove is a good option too, although not right on the beach. If I had to pick for you, it would be Carimar, great beach, good location and right next door to Blanchards Beach Shack for great affordable meals.

Happy Planning.

Ellen

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indigo Reef

I second Ellen's nod to Shoal Bay Villas. Great beach and good value.

Minnetrista...
Level Contributor
282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indigo Reef

Hey guys,

I appreciate all the suggestions. I now have a list. My daughters, who are 18 and 14 have never been to any of the islands except for Hawaii, so they are very interested in this entire process. They laugh at me for all my research, but to tell you the truth it's fun! I'll update you on where we pick. I'm thrilled to finally get the kids to Anguilla.

7. Re: Indigo Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:20