We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental on Anguilla

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental on Anguilla

Hello all!

Family and I have decided to stay at the Viceroy, West End after much research. Thanks to Pepper and everyone on this forum!

The next thing to think about is car rental. I wish not to rent a car with the Resort. Looking for the best price, or maybe middle price. While TA does not post rental agencies, can anyone give me their experiences with different rental agencies? Who will drop the car off at the ferry? Should I make ferry reservations prior to landing on St Maartin?

I am also looking for excursions, Hiking, zip lining, etc.... Will we have to take the ferry to St Maartin for this? Still learning about the island.

Thank you!

djb

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car Rental on Anguilla

ellen, thank you. i have missed that.

eugene, not worried so much about 4 people , i am worried 4 people and luggage wont fit. is it basically the same size as the rav 4 for compareson.?

ellen, it looks like bryans rental also has a tucson suv, they also have the jeep wrangler. do you know if the wrangler is bigger than the tuscon ? no pics

thanks again!

djb

Edited: 11 September 2013, 18:16
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,047 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car Rental on Anguilla

No sorry -I don't know - I am sure if you email Ronnie he will get right back to you, he is very responsive.

Ellen

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car Rental on Anguilla

i will call. i wanted to get enough info possible before i do

thanks again!

djb

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car Rental on Anguilla

The Tucson has a lot less luggage space than a RAV4.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,327 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Car Rental on Anguilla

It's only about 15 minutes from blowing point to Viceroy....maybe you worry about nothing.

Or take a taxi and have the car delivered to Viceroy.,

Edited: 11 September 2013, 19:48
Devon, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Car Rental on Anguilla

We have used Andy; he's right at Blowing Point and I'm sure he has larger vehicles. A Wrangler will definitely not hold you and your luggage. As was suggested, you can take a taxi to Viceroy and have the car delivered to you so you won't have to worry about luggage and people together.

As for reservations for ferry, you don't need them for the Public ferry out of Marigot and it's up to you if you want to reserve for ferries leaving right near airport. It might be a good idea if there are 4 of you and you are staying in high season. We have used both Funtime and GB and prefer GB because they seem to know how to navigate the waves, which is important to me with seasickness.

The draws to Anguilla are the beautiful and plentiful beaches and the dining. Not a whole lot of hiking, etc. You can take boat excursions, horseback riding on the beach, snorkel, etc. We haven't needed his help but we hear Andy is very good with maps and recommendations for things to do. He's quite an active gentleman himself.

Edited: 11 September 2013, 20:16
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Car Rental on Anguilla

Just confirmed a rental with Ronnie for next April. His e-mail reply stated he now charges $5 U.S. to leave a vehicle at Blowing Point. He didn't mention anything about a delivery charge elsewhere.

Edited: 13 September 2013, 15:25
Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
80 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Car Rental on Anguilla

Andy just sent me a quote. Do you still recommend his company? What kind of cars does he have? He mentioned a full-size...but we really only need a Corolla or something like that.

Thanks,

Sue M

Edited: 13 September 2013, 16:04
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Car Rental on Anguilla

Thank you all for your help. It looks like I will be renting from Andy's. His rentaly business is at Blowing Point and seems easier. We just walk out off the Ferry and call his name and he will be right there. He also has the vehicle we need. Either a RAV4 or an Isuzu Wizard, which is a little bigger.

Thanks again!

djb

Sue,

Here are is rates. He has cars and they are 35.00$$ daily. http://andyrentals.com/index.php/rates

Rates

DAILY WEEKLY

Cars $35.00 $245.00

Hard top jeeps $45.00 $315.00

Mini Van $55.00 $385.00

Jeep Wrangler $55.00 $385.00

Barbados
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Car Rental on Anguilla

I'm using Andy at the moment till we find a car to buy and am driving the Isuzu wizard it's brilliant we are really happy with it.