We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to this forum

Maryland Line...
Level Contributor
185 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
New to this forum

I am returning from Turks and Caicos and looking for my next trip next year. Looking here. Is it better to go to St Lucia and then catch a ferry across. What about luggage? Thank you

CT, USA
Level Contributor
228 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to this forum

It would be a very long ferry ride from St. Lucia...I think you mean St. Maartin and that is usually the least expensive and often quickest way to arrive in Anguilla.

Maryland Line...
Level Contributor
185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to this forum

Sorry meaning St martin

Edited: 23 September 2013, 03:46
CT, USA
Level Contributor
228 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to this forum

Your luggage gets put on the boat. They take it off and the porter leaves it in immigration, just have to look for him and give a tip befor you leave. I do not reserve a private shuttle, just see if and when they are leaving when I land in SXM, if none are around I take the public. I go in low season, but found this method works best for me. It is every easy to take the ferry and a short trip.

Minneapolis...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New to this forum

Just to be clear, you can wheel your luggage from the ferry up to customs/immigration. It is not a long way and there is a ramp that makes it convenient. I tend to let the porters take my bags because these guys work hard and the economy is tourist based, but many people just stand by the ferry until their bags are unloaded and off they go.

In a similar vein, when you arrive by cab at the ferry dock in Marigot, the porters will be swarming there to take your bags as well. In fact, it's probably less than 50 feet that they need to travel, but you have the same decision there.

5. Re: New to this forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 06:20