We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap Juluca on Anguilla or St. Martin?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Cap Juluca on Anguilla or St. Martin?

Hi All: Invited to destination wedding at Viceroy in early March. Will want to extend 3-4 days before at a different resort. Should I stay on Anguilla and go to Cap Juluca, or is there a comparable luxury hotel on St Martin that would give us the benefit of trying a different island? Appreciate any and all responses.

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cap Juluca on Anguilla or St. Martin?

While CJ is a no brainer, I would look at other options too.

Shoal Bay East - many options

Rendevous Bay - Cuisinart is an option

Depends on your wallet and tastes. Regardless, rent a car so you can spend time on other beaches.

My point is try to see more of Anguilla than Meads Bay and CJ. The Viceroy does not give you the true Anguilla experience in my opinion, While the property is beautiful in it's open right, it does make Anguilla Anguilla.

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Sfakia, Greece
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cap Juluca on Anguilla or St. Martin?

We were on the island in January 2014 and will again be on the island in May. We originally had the viceroy booked splitting time with CJ but canceled the Viceroy because it just didnt feel like we were on Anguilla . The property is beautiful but we enjoyed the CJ beach better! I agree with/ejcrowe on staying after the wedding at CJ if your time allowed it. St. Martin is nice but doesn't even comes close to Anguilla. I like to stay at high end resorts and properties when we travel but in Anguilla you have great options at lower prices and I would def. look at other option and maybe extend your trip by a few days!! CJ is a beautiful property and after seeing it on our last trip in January we knew we needed to come and spend a few days here doing noting but enjoying each others company . The restaurants on property (CJ) aren't that great and with so many great dinning options on this island both high and low budget you would need a car because taxis are very expensive to get around .

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cap Juluca on Anguilla or St. Martin?

Jake, I so love that you understand Anguilla so well and can offer up solutions. So happy that you loved it!

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Sfakia, Greece
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cap Juluca on Anguilla or St. Martin?

MaryGG, Everyone here is so nice it's my pleasure to be able to offer any useful advise! It's 3am here now and working on a few things and a little burned out and reading this forum helps me relax because I know I can always get the latest news on what's good for our up coming trip. We are very excited about coming back so soon and from what we saw on our first trip I understand why so many are so passionate about this island. We were welcomed by strangers in a so sincere way. I now find myself talking about Anguilla in the past , present , and future tense .

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Boston
Level Contributor
527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Cap Juluca on Anguilla or St. Martin?

Welcome to the Anguilla family Jake!!! It's amazing how one can become obsessed with this amazing place so quickly... :-) And I know you'll love your stay in May!!!

Uni

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
16. Re: Cap Juluca on Anguilla or St. Martin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 16:17