We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Read and Pics

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Topic
Great Read and Pics

Ellen, I'm surprised you haven't posted this one!!! This is a great report written by someone who stayed on the island for 27 days. The pictures at the end are amazing.

http://www.dingtwist.com/anguilla-photos/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Read and Pics

This was quite an awesome collection but the more I go, the less I seem to know about my favorite island.

I never heard of AXA referred to as "The Rock." As far as I knew, only Alcatraz owned that title.

I also never heard of the fiery drink called Bambu. Most I've ever heard of was Ting. Where can Bambu be purchased?

I also missed any pictures of the very West End. As close as pictures came were of Mead's Bay and Viceroy but nothing whatsoever of CJ or stunning Maunday's Bay, or Malliouhana's water crashing on the rocks, or Shoal Bay West. It was as if Covecastles slid off the earth.

But the pictures were totally exquisite.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Read and Pics

Very nice Lee, I had not seen that before, thanks for posting!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Read and Pics

amazing pictures.. thanks for posting !

djb

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Read and Pics

Beautiful! But the pic of the villa in such disrepair at Cinnamon Reef was very, very sad.

Newington...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Read and Pics

AXA_beachlvr - thanks for sharing this!

Pepper24 - you're right that I missed a bunch of cool stuff on the island, regretfully. However, after this past visit, I intend to spend a significant amount of time there next winter (~3 months), so stay tuned (in a year) for more photos of the places I didn't get to see.

Oh, and Bambu was just one of several different of "those" drinks I saw in the marts. I believe I got that one at Mingz.

Edited: 04 March 2014, 15:30
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Read and Pics

There ya go again Dingtwist! Where the heck is Mingz?? I love this island. I miss so many things you'd think by this time I'd know about.

Can't wait for your next installment. I never enjoyed anything quite as much.Have a super time for your enviable 3 months.

:-)

Maine
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Read and Pics

the big Chinese in the farrington on the road by mega depot

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Read and Pics

Minz is by the stoplight on the main road (red building), great little store - they have everything.

We stop there quite often for water, as they always seem to be open.

Ellen

Newington...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Read and Pics

Thanks again Pepper24. And the 3 months is, at this point, just my goal. Not set in stone yet, but we'll see if I can figure out a way...

Minnesota
Level Contributor
389 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Read and Pics

Loved the pics!