We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

Cambridge
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

Hey there, we are headed to the ensenachos on Friday, we wanted to know if we could rent or borrow a decent mask or flippers to do some snorkeling at the beach?

We have heard that the snorkeling at the resort is amazing?

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

Always best to take your own. Then you know everything fits, and you are not time limited on use. :-) (not to mention the "yuck" affect of using a commonly shared mouthpiece)

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

Agree, best to take your own, at least mask and snorkel. Less icky and probably better quality than the ones that can be borrowed from the water sports desk :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
289 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

I will be going to Maui next February and would like someone to suggest the best brands of masks for snorkeling and do not want to pay a fortune.

I do have fins but my mask and snorkel are old and it is time to buy some new equiptment.

Level Contributor
605 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

Kappy, too much sugar this morning - wrong forum and country.

Have fun.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

The best place to get a mask and snorkel is a dive shop, where you can try them on and check the fit of the mask.

Boston...
Level Contributor
289 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

Yes I know about dive shops. I also know where I am posting as this post has to do with snorkel gear.

My question still is

Can anyone suggest snorkel/ diving mask brands in the middle price range to compare when I go to the shop. I would like to see the brands online before I visit the shop. I would like to purchase the mask and snorkel to try out this summer on cape cod. It was suggested I buy a semidry snorkel too.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

I have no clue what brand my mask and snorkel are, so I can't help you there. I went to check and can find no marking on it. I do know I bought it at a dive shop, tried several for fit before I chose this one. My snorkel is probably a semi dry. It has a purge valve and partially protected top. I have found it quite satisfactory.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

I use an Oceanic dry snorkel and Mares masks, I have no idea what a "Fortune" is though. That would depend on your financial snack bracket.

9. Re: Snorkeling masks,flippers etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2013, 09:36