We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mossies/ Sand Flies @ Marigot

Tadworth, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Mossies/ Sand Flies @ Marigot

Just returned from a super trip to Marigot Bay (Discovery). Loved the island and the hotel but we both suffered from mossie bites and what I assume were sand flies - as we never saw them! Yes we had quite alot of rain at the beginning of the week, and yes the hotel is in a beautiful very green unspoilt bay, but is this a general year round problem everywhere in St Lucia with the wet climate, or were we just unlucky. I do seem to attract bites, but my husband has never been affected before, and we both travel widely in tropical locations - yet have never been so affected. Would be a pity not to return to such a lovely island again - but getting bitten to death despite plenty of repellant does affect the enjoyment.

Idaho
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mossies/ Sand Flies @ Marigot

I have never had that problem in Marigot Bay, never even saw a bug that could bit, so I dont know. What month did you go. All the people that I know that go all year never had that problem.

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mossies/ Sand Flies @ Marigot

I *think* I got bitten once (at Anse le Ray waterfall) over the nine days (returned on Monday). It did rain towards the last few days as well. Were at Windjammer.

What a relief too. Our last summer trip to the Rivera Maya was terrible for mossies and yellow flies. The latter left large 1.5" welts all over my wife, we ran to and from dinner.

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mossies/ Sand Flies @ Marigot

We spent 2 weeks at Marigot Bay end of Nov- early Dec. I noticed the little sand fleas there and at Ti Kaye's beach. This was my 7th trip to the island and only the second time I've noticed them. Both times were after several days of rain.

4. Re: Mossies/ Sand Flies @ Marigot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Marigot Bay