We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's in Marigot Bay 2010

Which Marigot Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's in Marigot Bay 2010

Planning a last minute trip to Marigot Bay. I am arriving late in the day on the 31st. Any suggestions on how to spend the Eve? Do I need reservations? Also, can I expect restraunt /bar/shop/transportation closures on New Years Day? Id like to venture out on the 1st to get provisions, as I am renting a villa.

Thanks for all your help.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's in Marigot Bay 2010

Hello bamatraveller1975, Party with the locals on the eve! Reservations are necessary on the 31st at most restaurants in Marigot Bay. Banks, shops & businesses closed on New Year's Day. Neighborhood rum shops & small grocers usually open. Private taxis always available. Bless up! Paul

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
764 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's in Marigot Bay 2010

You will be able to get into most places on New Years Eve but may have to wait. I would assume you'll arrive into Marigot about 5 or 6 since most flights land about 3. I think you'd find Rainforest already booked but you might try them through their website or call. Or Chateau Mygo or Doolittles both have special menus -- again go to their websites or call them. That way you're assured a table. At midnight there are always fireworks.

On the afternoon of the 31st, you'll find shops closed but the grocery and bakery in Marigot will be open on the morning of the 1st so you can get some groceries. Also there is a newly opened Super Js in an area called Cul de Sac which you'll pass through on your way from the airport to Marigot (it's about 10-15 minutes drive from Marigot) -- and it might be open on the 31st when you drive by; but also open that next morning.

You'll find all restaurants, transports, bars up and running per usual on New Years Day - and as stated above, the grocery in Marigot which will have just about anything you need and is very convenient.

Hollywood
Level Contributor
261 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's in Marigot Bay 2010

Doolittle's is having something nice. Check them out.

Kitchener, Ontario...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's in Marigot Bay 2010

There are usually great fireworks put on in the bay by the various establishments. We'll be sitting on our balcony at Oasis Marigot again this year to watch the show. (Hopefully the bankruptcy / receivership operations at the Marigot Bay Hotel still will put on their fireworks this year)

In terms of somewhere to eat - my choice would be Boudreau's (at the Marigot Bay Hotel) or the Rainforest Hideaway. You might email them for info on what they have on in terms of entertainment for New Year's Eve.

http://www.rainforesthideawaystlucia.com/

discoverystlucia.com/restaurantandbars.asp

Columbus, Ohio
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's in Marigot Bay 2010

My husband and I will be staying in Marigot Bay as well during NYE. I've emailed Rainforest, Doolittle's, & Chateau Mygo to see if they are running any specials/events and what the prices/availability is - will update when I hear back.

Columbus, Ohio
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's in Marigot Bay 2010

So far I've received emails from Doolittle's and Chateau Mygo & still waiting on Rainforest Hideaway.

Doolittle's is having a 4-course prix fixe menu @ US$50 for 4 courses. They also have live music & entertainment for the evening which is included in the price; tables are still available

Chateau Mygo House of Seafood is offering a special a la carte menu for the evening with entree meal prices ranging from EC$ 75-90. They are also having live music and dancing. Reservations also still available.

From what I gather fireworks are be let off at midnight from somewhere along Marigot Bay which I'm sure can be enjoyed from any of the restaurants/hotels there.

7. Re: New Year's in Marigot Bay 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2011, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Marigot Bay
Recent Conversations