We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed!

Ontario
Level Contributor
795 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Advice needed!

My husband and I are planning a trip to Marigot Bay for next February. We are FINALLY breaking away from the all-inclusive rut. Just wondering what your recommendations would be for accomadations. Would like something nice that would allow us to cook some of our meals, pooland not too large. I was also wondering what the cost of food and meals would be like. Thanks for your help.

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
770 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed!

The best ways to find varous apartments or villas for rent in Marigot --Look here on Trip Advisor (on left, "vacation rentals". Also look at vrbo.com or homeaway.com

As to food. A restaurant dinner for two will run from UD$40 to 120 and up without drinks - and depending on what you like to eat. Food is about 10 - 20% more than in the states -- unless you buy local -- ie,local fruits, veges, fish, chicken etc Anything imported has a high duty but if you keep away from processed foods, it's really not bad. You can buy fish, for instance, for about US $4 a pound.

Ontario
Level Contributor
795 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed!

Thank you very much! I will definitely check out the rentals.

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
89 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed!

Where is a good place to shop for fresh fish, fruits, etc.. near Marigot Bay? Headed there next week!

Thanks!!

Phila, PA
Level Contributor
201 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed!

We always stay at Villa Pomme D' Amour. It is a wonderful place, with wonderful owners. It is very helpful to have them on site to give you advice and take care of booking anything you may need to do. Check out their reviews on this site.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g671541-d967738…

The web site is www.villapommedamour.com

We go every year, and are heading back in June.

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
770 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice needed!

A new Super J supermarket has opening on the road to Marigot -- maybe fifteen minutes drive from Marigot -- you will pass it on your way from the airport. Also there is a small, but very well stocked, grocery in Marigot Bay where you can buy most anything you might want - -a bit more expensive but so convenient it's worth the extra !

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice needed!

check out "oasis marigot". they offer a number of different accomodations with kitchens and pools.

every restaurant is ridiculously expensive in the bay. thx to all the rich boaters that visit there i guess.

chez juliette is an exception. a short drive from the dock. call them and they will pick you up and bring you back. food is homemade, view is unbeatable, and prices are reasonable.

we took a water taxi to castries for a big grocery run then bought beer and booze and snacks etc as we needed them at the marina market.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
37 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice needed!

If you walk to Chez Juliette, you will find out why they come & pick you up & take you home. Also be sure to call before going to make sure they are open.

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
89 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice needed!

I didn't find the restaurants (except Chateau Mygo) to be out of whack with US resort prices. Our party of 4 never spent more than $100 with drinks & dessert.

9. Re: Advice needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Marigot Bay
Recent Conversations