We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ginger Cottage

Which Marigot Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pickering
Level Contributor
73 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Ginger Cottage

we are looking to go to ginger cottage for 1 week..june 2012. Has anyone stayed here. If so..whats it really like. I don't see many reviews for this spot..hoping to hear from someone soon on ginger cottage...peace

calgary
Level Contributor
29 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ginger Cottage

We are going to the Ginger Cottage in December 2011. I will let you know if you don't hear anything before then.

pickering
Level Contributor
73 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ginger Cottage

that will be awesome..can't wait to hear back from you!!

Lenoir NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ginger Cottage

Our daughter honeymooned at Ginger a cpl of years ago. The cottage is beautiful and has a lovely view of the Sea.The house was completely redone a few years ago and is very well appointed. I have a house right above Ginger so am very familiar with Marigot, if you have any questions just ask.

pickering
Level Contributor
73 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ginger Cottage

thanks for responding, is the cottage in walking distance to shops and groceries? how safe is this area?

Lenoir NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ginger Cottage

Yes and very

pickering
Level Contributor
73 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ginger Cottage

hello, i think the post you sent was incomplete..not sure..let me know..thx

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ginger Cottage

i think they meant 'yes it is in walking distance of shops' and 'it is very safe'.

pam

pickering
Level Contributor
73 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ginger Cottage

thanks for clarifying that.

calgary
Level Contributor
29 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ginger Cottage

We have just returned from 15 days at the Ginger Cottage - please see my review already posted. Here are other things that you should know. Unless you rent a car, we did not do that because of the roads - I felt uncomfortable driving there, you will b e captive to Marigot Bay and what that means is there are 4 or 5 restaurants - you will soon get tired of them and I doubt one would wish to dine at the Rainforest every night (Rainforest is excellent). Erika (owner of Ginger Cottage) will provide you with transport in to the cottage but once arrived you are on your own re transport. Alledgedly there are local buses, we never saw any but we also didn't look too hard, cab fares (which we took) are more than exhorbitant. A cab fare to Anse La Raye fish fry ( which should be avoided at all cost) is EC140 about$50 US, a cab fare to castries is 160 EC $60 US a cab fare to Pigeon Island and or Reduit Beach EC 200 or $80 U.S a cab fare to Dasheen's EC 260 $100 U.S we may very well go back to St.Lucia but we will never go back to Marigot Bay and it is all because of the transport. In this regard I might also say that Ernest who was the cab driver for the Ginger cottage is somewhat less than scrupulous so one must be very careful when rates for cab fares are quoted in U.S> dollars - the conversion rate can and has been manipuated. We stopped using Ernest and ended up using a guy called Vincent - he was honest but the fares did not get any cheaper

pickering
Level Contributor
73 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ginger Cottage

How clean is the cottage and what is there to do in walking distace..like dancing...shopping etc..what about bugs..is this a problem at the cottage..was sleeping a bother?

Get answers to your questions about Marigot Bay
Recent Conversations