We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Barcelona to La Pineda

antrim
6 posts
Save Topic
Train from Barcelona to La Pineda

We will be arriving at the cruise terminal in Barcelona at 7.00a.m. Can anyone please tell me the quickest (and cheapest) way to get to La Pineda. Also how long will it take as we need to be in La Pineda by 12 noon. What is the earliest train or bus. Thanks

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
459 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Barcelona to La Pineda

There might be more information that you need in the Salou or Tarragona forum but since I've been researching a similar question, I'll answer yours with what I know: First, you can take the train from Barcelona to Tarragona and then take a bus from Tarragona to La Pineda (1 1/2 hrs. on train; about 20 mins on bus. Tarragona is 8 km from La Pineda so maybe a taxi will be affordable.) Alternately, you can take a Plana bus from Barcelona to La Pineda. (About the same length of time but more expensive--not sure, but I'm thinking $20+ per person--someone here or on the Barcelona forum may help you out here. You'll have to check the times.) The trains leave Estacio de Franco in Barcelona at 8:17, 8:47, 9:19, 9:46....and similar times after the hour. Here's how to check the times: go to renfe.com--click on WELCOME under the RENFE banner; insert Barcelona & Tarragona iand your date n the boxes and click. Another page comes up and automatically fills in--click search and the whole schedule comes up. Notice that there will be high speed trains that go between Tarragona and Barcelona that only take 1/2 an hour. Those trains go to a station about 15-20 miles outside of Tarragona (Camp de Tarragona) and will necessitate traveling back into Tarragona or a long cab ride into LaPineda. Someone else on the forums might be able to give you advice about traveling from the cruise ship to the train and how to navigate the train station. Will you be staying in La Pineda? We'll be heading there on Oct. 1 and we, too, have spent a lot of time trying to figure out the connections. Let me know how you fare! Good luck. Sharon

antrim
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Barcelona to La Pineda

Hi Sharon

Many thanks for your helpful reply. As you suggested I have located the timetable on the renfe site so this is great info. We are staying at the Estival Park in La Pineda for a week from 2nd - 9th October and then we are going on a weeks cruise from Barcelona. As we are travelling to and from Spain by coach we have to return to La Pineda on the 16th for our return journey home. Hence my cry for help! Heres hoping the sun shines on us both.

Again many thanks and have a great holiday.

Betty

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
459 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Barcelona to La Pineda

Hi Betty,

We are also staying at Estival Park from October 1-8. We fly into Barcelona on Saturday morning, and then not to waste a day, we are doing some sight seeing in Barcelona before we go to Estival Park in the late afternoon. Then again, if I've got this train business wrong, we could spend all afternoon just riding trains! My guess is that there will be a lot of help for you to figure this out once you arrive at Estival Park. On the Salou former, I just learned that it might be easier to travel from Salou into Barcelona, though when I checked the schedules, there are more trains between Tarragona and Barcelona than between Salou and Barcelona. You shouldn't have any trouble making it back from the cruise ship though. Sounds like a lovely trip! Where will your cruise take you? Once we leave Estival Park, we are taking a train to Malaga for a week near there in Mijas. Have you been to Estival Park before? Sharon

antrim
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Barcelona to La Pineda

Hi Sharon

Our cruise ship does Palma, Livorno, Civitavechhia for Rome and Naples so we are looking forward to visiting these ports. We have not stayed in the Estival Park previously but my sister and her husband (who we are holidaying with this year) have stayed about 3 or 4 times. They liked it - the food is good, its clean and comfortable and also convenient to bus stops for Salou, Tarragona and other little villages. Lots of markets in the vicinity if you like browsing.

Hope to see u in Estival Park. Look out for 4 oldies with Northern Ireland accents.!!!

Betty.

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
459 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Barcelona to La Pineda

Hi Betty!

We're the American oldies...hope we see you there! We are taking the train from Barcelona to La Pineda on Saturday, late afternoon, so that we check in at about 5 or 6 PM. We plan on enjoying Salou, La Pineda, and Cambrils on Sunday and Monday. Then again, we may venture no farther than the sea. Your cruise sounds wonderful. Wish we were meeting you afterwards so you can share your experience. Hope to meet you! Sharon

antrim
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Barcelona to La Pineda

Hi Sharon

Hope to meet you at Estival Park.

Betty

7. Re: Train from Barcelona to La Pineda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about La Pineda
Recent Conversations