We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Hotel Aquamarina - How do you ensure Block A???!

Which Arenal d'en Castell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
53 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Club Hotel Aquamarina - How do you ensure Block A???!

I am looking at booking a holiday for June 2011 and this hotel has priced up quite well for half board. I have read the reviews and the big sticking point is the two different blocks. People say that A is good (nice views refurbed) while B is not good (old tatty small rooms thin walls). If I book via first choice how do i ensure that i get in block A and does it really make a difference? Can someone please help - oh and is there a first choice kids club or just a hotel run one? Any info appreciated.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Hotel Aquamarina - How do you ensure Block A???!

It might be worth specking direct to the Hotel, the reason being First Choice might have set rooms. It would be a shame to book with someone, to find out they do not have block A avaliable. First Choice call centre will only know about avaliablity, not room numbers.

Edited: 13 August 2010, 22:05
Huddersfield
Level Contributor
182 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Hotel Aquamarina - How do you ensure Block A???!

Some rooms in B are better than some in A so it is not just a case of getting BLock A. See my old review for details

Chelmsford, Essex
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Hotel Aquamarina - How do you ensure Block A???!

Just got back from the hotel and stayed in block A. We travelled with Thomas Cook and paid for sea view to ensure we were in block A. Otherwise I think is just pot luck as to which block you are put in. In my opinion and most people we spoke to All Inclusive is a much better option than Half Board. We were All Inclusive and found this to be a great option.

East Midlands
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Hotel Aquamarina - How do you ensure Block A???!

We have just come back from a family fortnight at the Aguamarina and were in block B. I think the walls are quite thin as you hear a lot of movement and people walking in the corridor.

The view from the balcony wasn't too bad but the rooms were cleaned every day and the cleaners do a very good job.

We were half board and i must say i was very impressed with the food there is a huge variety every meal time and it was all very pleasnt. They cater for all. They have evening entertainment every night which was quite good.

The resort itself is very small with a few bars and restaurants but the views are amazing and the beach is great.

I would definitely recommend to a friend.

There was no smell of sewage although as you walk around the resort there is the odd whiff but nothing too bad too ruin the holiday.

Leyland, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Hotel Aquamarina - How do you ensure Block A???!

ive been last 2 years 1st year first choice and was put in block b, 2nd year with thomas cook but in block a next to top floor with amazing views, no real difference in the rooms the only difference is the sea views from block a. when i went the second year they seemed to be putting the all inc people in b, and we was half board so maybe that is why we got put in a or maybe because we were repeat guests???

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Hotel Aquamarina - How do you ensure Block A???!

Board basis will not affect any room allocation. The only thing what will affect where you stay, is if you have booked for example a sea view. It will depend on the contract and the reservation system the complex use.

Some contracts are for set room numbers, and some are just for a set number of rooms overall. Therefore, if its set room numbers a company has, the system will look at room types only in that area.

What reservation systems look at, is the min room they need for a booking, for example if its just for a couple, they only need a double or twin room (The booking site will give them a choice normally on this). However, if there is none avaliable for the stay, but they have a family 3 room then they will still take the booking. There is a fail safe in all systems, to prevent an overbooking of a complex by room type.

The room types in block a avaliable might not be the complex prefered type for your size group, what is why I said speck to the Hotel, as they might be able to allocate a room number for your booking now, and in doing so might mean an upgrade on size.

Its always best to ask ASAP if you want a set area, as its not just your booking what can change things. Guests still in house on your arriving date come into it. For example if your request is made 2 weeks before and the complex allocates a set room number, their system will then not let them book a guest staying for 2 weeks into it, 10 days before you arrive. Most reservation programs they use have auto allocate on them, and this looks at what has already been allocated and fits other bookings round it, without using the allocated rooms.

7. Re: Club Hotel Aquamarina - How do you ensure Block A???!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Arenal d'en Castell