We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local taxis?

North of England
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Local taxis?

My sister has booked Villa Esquina with Thomas Cook and I'm looking to take our elderly mother at the same time. However, we can't find out exactly where the villa is located to try and book accommodation nearby (I've tried posting a question here and Thomas Cook have proven worryingly incompetent) but I'm thinking of booking anyway. Can anyone let me know if taxis are readily available? We should be fine during the day but a ride home at the end of the day may be needed.

Many thanks

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Local taxis?

I'm sorry but I don't know the exact name and location of every villa on the island - You've posted in the Arenal' d' Castel forum - assume you mean this one?

thomascook.com/destinations/…

Let us know and answers will follow I'm sure.

Edit: also very important: what time of year? (taxi service is dependent on this)

JtheD

Edited: 15 March 2012, 22:33
North of England
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local taxis?

Yes, that is the link to the villa but Thomas Cook have the wrong map attached to the property - the map is for Egypt instead of Arenal D'en Castell. We are looking to visit early June 2012

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,056 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local taxis?

I am sure that in June there will be taxis to be found in the resort and if all else fails you could ring the reception desk of your hotel and ask them to get one to come and collect you. Most resorts have taxi ranks with a telephone number posted up next to them -you may find that the info pack in your sisters villa will have a number fro taxis too. I really wouldn't worry - it is not the back of beyond.

I remember your last question about location and that you never got to the bottom of where the villa was. Arenal isn't that small a place so unless someone has stayed there OR is a local you are probably not going to find out from this forum but you could send a private message to Raff to ask if she knows the villa ( she works in the industry and may know it).

I know that the Thoc Cook map link for Villa Esquina is faulty and takes you to Sharm El Sheik (!!!) but have you tried using the map in the Villa Mar Azul spec ( thomascook.com/destinations/… ) because the Esquina inf mentions that the two are close so you could use that to see how close the villa is to the hotel you are considering

4. Re: Local taxis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:41
Get answers to your questions about Arenal d'en Castell