We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marina parc hotel

Neath, United...
1 post
Save Topic
marina parc hotel

Does anyone know if the planned splash park at the marina parc hotel in arenal d'en castell has been finished yet ?

south lanarkshire
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: marina parc hotel

Yes christine i can confirm that it has been finished, it was delayed by 1 day but is now fully functioning and that came from a thomson member of staff as i phoned to find out just last night.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marina parc hotel

Hi, we've just had a call from our Travel Agents to say the waterpark is not up and running and we've been given the chance to change Hotels. You might want to ring your Travel Agent if you've booked to go in the next few weeks as we've been told it's unlikely to be open until the end of the month.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: marina parc hotel

Sorry to hear that , I have posted several times to this forum suggesting people check their fall back options on this 'advertised feature'. Having seen the building site in March I did have strong reservations. it would have been a real effort to have it open with all safety tests, certificates, staff trained etc etc completed, but as you can see from all comments nobody really has had a definitive date from a definitive source( reception staff, Tour operators and reps ) do not in my world equate to a reliable source sadly.

I can give you some comfort that the sea at Arenal is fantastic

London, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: marina parc hotel

Hi...I think it's a little more than a 'splash park'...and unfortunately, no, it is definitely not finished yet...it looks like being at least 2 or 3 weeks before completion. I can't believe a Thomson member of staff could say it was open!! As MIB said the beach / sea at Arenal are fantastic and there is lots to do in the area. This link gives some information about places around you, which may be helpful

menorca-live.com/food-drink-update/resort-a-…

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: marina parc hotel

Should note that hotel has it's original pools(i'd guess as they were still there in April ) , so the children will not be without an onsite pool :-)

south lanarkshire
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: marina parc hotel

Hi there, would you mind me asking you when you are going on holiday to marina parc? i have another 3 weeks before i leave to go and from reading your reply i think i will be phoning the travel agent.

many thanks.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: marina parc hotel

Hi, we're going this Friday (11th May) our travel agent didn't find out until last Friday. Not sure they are giving people too much notice, maybe they are seeing how it goes week by week, hoping the Water park will be open. We've decided to go to the Hotel anyway as it looks really nice and our two children will enjoy the little pools they've got there already. Good luck

south lanarkshire
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: marina parc hotel

Hi ya, thanks so much for replying so soon, glad u,v decided still to go and with all the other facilities they have there then hopefully u,ll all have a fab holiday.(i myself are going with 2 kids too)

just before i read your reply i actually phoned the hotel direct and spoke to an absolutely lovely lady on reception who struggled with her english but did tell me that the water park was infact not open and they are still waiting on a large delivery of construction parts, but they have a problem the parts are still in mexico awaiting shipping. (the lady was so so so helpfull and did request that i phone back next week or in 10 days to find out more. i thanked her very much for her time. I will just be dealing with the hotel direct i think now as it was actually me that a thomson member of staff told that the water park was open only thurs of last week.

have a fab hol!!!!

if you happen to hear anything else then would you please let me know.

many thanks.

south lanarkshire
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: marina parc hotel

Hi there, how much notice did you get from when your travel agent phoned you until your actual day of departure?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: marina parc hotel

looks from post 7 as if it was a week. Should emphasise that this is an established hotel - the site will not be a building site it is just that the area around the new slides seem to be unfinished

Edited: 10 May 2012, 12:50
Get answers to your questions about Arenal d'en Castell