We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New opening of first choice water park

south lanarkshire
14 posts
Save Topic
New opening of first choice water park

Hi there, does anyone know anything about the brand new water park thats opening in may 2012 within the marina parc complex in menorca. I,ve booked a holiday to go there and have been trying to access it over the internet for some time now and i cant get anywhere, When you try and access info via the first choice website it just shows you planned appearances and no up to date reviews at all. Has anyone been recently or has anyone heard about the water park? Please email me as im getting more worried by the day.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New opening of first choice water park

There are answers on the other threads about this place which hopefully will have settled your concerns but it is far too early for "up to date reviews" I am afraid - the season has literally just started.

If you are getting stressed by it all why not phone the hotel itself - see details of phone, hotels own website etc. are on www.menorca-minorca.co.uk/castell_hotels.htm ( if looking at the website be aware that the photos and sat images on their website are probably from LAST year before the new water bits were constructed so again don't panic if you cannot see the features you are looking for

Edited: 04 May 2012, 19:37
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New opening of first choice water park

Hi, I emailed first choice regarding the waterpark and they said it would be open this month. We go on the 8th June my little boy is looking forward to the waterpark more than anything else.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New opening of first choice water park

I have emailed first choice and got a frankly rude and abrupt response about it.

In fact they could seriously do with a lesson in customer service. It isn't helpful to inflame an already stressful situation by showing a lack of empathy and concern for your paid up customers!

Anyway they were no help whatsoever, so I emailed the hotel itself and got a much more friendly reply, stll no date though.

I phoned the resort this morning, spoke to the rep at the hotel who seemed very friendly, however, they are not giving out any date as to when it might be finished/open.

I am also unimpressed as I was told before we booked that there would be the dream works characters at the hotel, such as shrek etc but apparently that isn't the case either.

Am not best pleased at the moment.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New opening of first choice water park

Ps it appears to not be the first time first choice are in this situation with the opening of a water park, exactly the same thing happened in Eygpt last year, and that didn't open well into the middle of the season, August I think, even though promises of June 1st were made, so am not holding my breath.

My kids wil be devastated, we literally hand picked this place.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New opening of first choice water park

There is more than one thread about this folks so check them all out for updates. Also, there is a fair amount of discussion about it on the Menorca Talk Forum menorca-net.co.uk/menorcatalk/viewtopic.php…

south lanarkshire
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New opening of first choice water park

So pleased to read your message,in a strange kinda way!!!!!!!

its comforting to know that im not the only person to be absolutely disgusted in the way thomson and first choice have handled this full situation, each and every member of staff i have spoken to sound as if they reading lines from a computer they are very rude to say the least and totally do not help what is already a very stressfull time for all concerned. I like yourslef got totally sick of phoning the high cost telephone numbers given by firstchoice and phoned the hotel direct, within minutes i was told more than i was told in 2 weeks from firstchoice and thomson head office, I couldnt thank the hotel receptionist enough for her help. Even as I speak i have been left in limbo with firstchoice about my holiday and with my only option of complaint being email fomat i think they need to seriously think about their customer service. im disgusted by it,

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New opening of first choice water park

There is a new post on the " New Splashworld and Water slide work in Arenal" thread of the Menorca Talk forum mentioned above from Deb C who has just come home from the island and has promised to post some "this week" photos shortly - the info on there seems quite up to date and I noticed today that there have over 1,000 views of another thread about this water park issue on that website so a lot of people are watching and waiting.

I sugggest leaving it a day or so before looking to see if Deb C's pictures have appeared but I really hope for everybody's sake that the 1 June date is stuck to. Whatever happens however (little consolation though it may be) I am sure that your children will have a good time regardless.

Edited: 17 May 2012, 20:46
London, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New opening of first choice water park

I walked past the water park on Thursday and a lot of work has happened in the last 10 days, they were trying out a couple of the features and the splash pools have water in them and there appears to be a water track all around the park. The other things were difficult to make out, but there could be a wave machine. There is a photo in the newsletter I receive, link below, which shows the largest of the water slides. I would say it looks like being on track for opening at the beginning of June. I'll be there again next week and will send an update before returning to UK.

menorca-live.com/latest-headlines/menorca-ne…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New opening of first choice water park

Meno-Fan,

Thanks very much for this encouraging update, we go to Arenal on the 29th of June and am hoping, like many others, that it's up and running by then. Looking at the other forum, lots of info there where they're saying that they are waiting for bits to arrive from Valencia AND for health/safety guys to come from the UK (It's UK backing so needs UK license or something similar). One poster reckons another month to finish (He's in the construction industry) but it's a guess. Here are some photo's of the work so far, much bigger than I thought it would be.

menorca-net.co.uk/menorcatalk/…

Probably of no solace to some, so apologies for being the bearer of bad news.

Harris

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New opening of first choice water park

My worry was always building work finished is one thing ,but licenced and safety vetted is another timing hurdle.

Get answers to your questions about Arenal d'en Castell