We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

Which Arenal d'en Castell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philpeg1969
Level Contributor
333 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

Any one stayed at this hotel in August.

What is the sunbed situation?

Is it a mad rush for sunbeds or people saving the beds?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,814 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

It will probably depend on the guests staying at the time I am sure - sadly you cannot legislate against the idiots who are prepared to get up at the crack of dawn to nab a bed or three. This sort of behaviour used to be a "Germans" joke, but sadly the British are just as bad if not worse :-(

My attitude anywhere is that if sunbeds are "reserved" before 9 but still not occupied by 10. then the towels ought to be removed by the management team . If they don't do this and you are feeling brave then fold them nicely, put them somewhere nearby (but not to close) in a neat pile and then deny all knowledge of "who done it" if the "owners" of said sunbeds return.

Edited: 16 June 2013, 20:01
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

Just returned from Fiesta Castell Playa and despite notices not to, sunbeds were being reserved by 7am, and not just one or two. However we were usually able to get one when we wanted, but they weren't plentiful.

Scouser with a...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

is the Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa open to non residents in the evening?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

Brits and French are the worst offenders in that order in my experience. I'm an early riser and have been known to rain on a few people's parade just when they thought they were going to have "their" sun loungers all week, oh no someone has beaten them to it. It's particularly good sport if your balcony overlooks the location in question !.

Digger

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,814 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

Brave man Digger !

Globeblogger. I see that nobody has answered your question about non residents using this hotel in the evening yet. Most Menorcan hotels are perfectly happy for non residents to use their bars whilst watching any entertainment as long as they buy drinks etc..

Wales
Level Contributor
178 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

Do they provide pool towels? Although a gold hotel, were there ANY children there?

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

WE just returned from here. Lovely hotel. No children but questionable 16 year olds there. As for towels etc, yes people were reserving them by 6.30am as was I due to wanting a decent bed for us. But on the wednesday 24th Juy the hotel changed the rules and removed ny towels unattended by 9am, then on the thursday change it to 10am. caused arguements and hassle for the reps.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,814 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

Good on that hotel management!

I had to smile at the " caused arguments and hassle for the reps." comment as that is precisely what Reps are there for - to sort out issues that impact on the enjoyment of all their clients holidays. Some of them are great but lot of reps are so young and inexperienced that IMO they need every bit of "on the job" training they can get and dealing with the stroppy ".. they moved my towels..." crowd is a useful part of that learning curve.

Personally I have no sympathy whatsoever with people who nip out briefly at the crack of dawn to nab beds long before they are needed and then get cross when they turn up at 11.30 to find someone else sitting on them who has been there for a hour using the facilities

Edited: 29 July 2013, 12:47
philpeg1969
Level Contributor
333 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

Spoke to one of the REPS via facebook and the hotel now removes any unattended towels up to 10.00am.

So pleased. Hopefully this will stop all the sun bed savers!!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fiesta Hotel Castell Playa Sunbeds

I'm a bit late but thanks for letting me know.

We stayed in apartments right on the beach, it was a fantastic holiday and we are going back!

Get answers to your questions about Arenal d'en Castell