We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices of food and drink

Which Arenal d'en Castell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Prices of food and drink

We are going to Arenal den castell in two weeks time and are staying in a villa for 11 of us, we aim to have BBQ at the villa every other night but are just wondering what prices drinks out are for beer and my G & T ? Is it an expensive resort to eat out and can anyone recommend nice places to eat?

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices of food and drink

Can't comment on the price of drinks sorry, but yes, there are plenty of nice restaurants in Arenal. My two favourites are Alcalde and Sa Gavina. Both do a good mix of upmarket Spanish food mixed with some more English / European meals / pizza. They have quite good children's menus.

I love the Paella and swordfish at Sa Gavina. If you have younger children, they will be captivated by the very charismatic Maitre'D "Fernando".

I haven't been to Alcalde for a couple of years, but my sister in law raved about it last year.

Expect to pay between 10 and 15 euros for a good quality main course, starters and puddings are around 5 euros each.

nottingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices of food and drink

Thank you so much for your reply, we will certainly give those two a visit, it may be a problem sometimes for us to get 11 seated together at the busiest time of the year. With children ranging from 2 to 15 the children's menu and entertaining waiter sounds just the thing!

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices of food and drink

The resort is very pretty. The beach will be great for the children you are travelling with as it is safe, gently sloping into the sea and the water is very clear. There is a little land train that runs around the resort whihc younger ones always love.

My only warning would be that the hotels there are mostly AI these days and that is having a detrimental effect on local business, some bars (Smithy's for one) has gone out of business recently so if you see empty shops etc that is probably why.

Also, when the wind blows strongly from the north, jellyfish can build up in the bay. We used to get around this by either having a "pool day" at the villa, or driving to one of the south coast beaches.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices of food and drink

"Also, when the wind blows strongly from the north, jellyfish can build up in the bay. "

...please dont 'alarm' folks :-) we forever get jellyfish mentions which takes on a 'every day they are there proportions because it says' so on the internet' like hysteria in the forum. Arenal Den castell or menorca is nor more likely to have jelly fish than any other locations or that they are around for days on end. They float and they go where they are taken :-)

Edited: 17 July 2013, 17:06
YORKSHIRE
Level Contributor
300 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices of food and drink

Plenty open was there in June drinks about same as home unless you hit the Irish bar for happy hour

Everything was open so enjoy

Back again 19th July for 5 weeks can't wait

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nottingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices of food and drink

Thank you everybody we can't wait it's 27 years since we stayed in Arenal den Castell when our children were small we are now returning with our children and 5 Grandchidren it's all very exciting.

7. Re: Prices of food and drink

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Arenal d'en Castell
Recent Conversations