We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

Stayed in S'algar a couple of years ago but wanted to return to a resort in Menorca which had a beach. I visited Punta Prima a couple of times and liked the quietness in the evenings, however I can't find suitable accomodation there. Just wondering if Arenal D'en Castell is as quiet at night as looking for a chilled out holiday mid to late July were we can go for a nice meal, drink and then have a relatively peaceful night (noiseless) after midnight. Cheers. ps..is there an Eroski/Hypermarket nearby?

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

Arenal has more going on than Punta Prima but is not loud- look for villas/apartments in Punta Grossa ( part of Arenal ) for quieter location. Hotels are next to the 'noise'

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,400 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

Would you say that the influx of all Incl packages to the resort has made it louder Tom? I was thinking of suggesting Son Bou as an alternative - nice beach, quieter than Arenal etc.

Re supermarkets, there are lots to chose from on the Mahon industrial estate area, around Ciutadella etc. and all the inland towns seem pretty well served too so if you have a car LauraC ( see Top Question Car Hire - warnings section about who NOT to book with) you should have no problem pretty much anywhere you decide to go

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

Thanks for the updates. The apartment that I had been looking at is in the Costa Arenal Complex, but I'm not sure what part of the resort this is located in. Wouldn't want to be beside blaring music. Whats good for some might not suit others so better to check these things out prior to booking. Cheers

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

"Costa Arenal Complex" is at the western end - you might be better off in Punta Grossa if you liked peace of S'algar.

Menreg

What I can say is that I visited Arenal in summer one evening and the hotel rubbish 'entertainments' acts at the two big Hotels Aquathingy and that ugly thing on top of the hill ( thomsons paradise? ) were drowning out the good live music at the local bar which I was listening too!! maybe wind but volume was not neighbourly

Coffee break Over!

Edited: 29 August 2013, 15:02
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,400 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

Oh dear - sounds a bit "Butlins abroad" to me Tom

nottingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

We have just returned from 2weeks in a lovely villa in tha Punta Grossa area of Arenal and walked along the beach in Arenal at night to eat , we all thought it had a nice atmosphere in the evening it was defiantly not rowdy or like Butlins abroad, we were a party of 11 age range from 2 to 61 and it suited everyone.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

I think menoreg is referring to the hotels not AdC in general - which it is ( definitely ) not as you say

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

Morning, thanks for the feedback. I have decided to proceed with the booking so thats the flight, apartment and car all sorted. Cheers

9. Re: Arenal D'en Castell - is it for me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Arenal d'en Castell