We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Craft Noise

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Air Craft Noise

Can anyone tell me how bad the aircraft noise is when staying at Golf Del sur,as i know its right in line with the runway, Its just that it looks such a lovely area, and quieter than its much noisier neighbours, We go to Tenerife every Xmas/New year for a few weeks and have just arrived back from Palm Mar, and although a lovely peaceful area, perhaps a little too peaceful at times, and a little bit cut off with a very limited bus service, so we thought we would try Golf Del Sur but a friend has told us it is very noisy with aircraft very low, every couple of minutes of the day, Any Truth in this ?

up north
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Craft Noise

to be honest never stayed that area but the planes do go over pretty low and at a guess quite a lot each day. on the days we go tuesday or friday the airport is always very busy so its looks like it will be noisy .

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Craft Noise

I don´t want to get into the argument about how noisy it is in the Golf, those who have properties there swear you can´t hear the planes, however they do come in as low as 400ft over the houses, so you can judge for yourself Here are a couple of photos …servimg.com/u/f42/16/52/62/13/golf_d11.jpg …servimg.com/u/f42/16/52/62/13/golf_d10.jpg There are also only a couple of buses that run through the Golf, the 470 hourly and 483 every couple of hours so IMO also limited.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,757 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Craft Noise

I think people that live near ...just get used to the noise .....I used to spend a lot of time when I lived in Athens , in the Glifada beach Cabanas ( no double glazing) ! and at first I really thought the plane was actually going to rip through ...but I got used to it ...Also my husband when he worked at Heathrow Airport , had digs near by ...and also just got used to the noise ...But you are on holiday ...so no time to get used to it ... but you could always give it try ...lots of tourists stay there ...may be they are plane spotters !

Sylla

swansea
Level Contributor
107 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Craft Noise

Hi there

We spent a really enjoyable week in Royal Park Albatros over New Year and we had a balcony overlooking the flightpath . Yes they are close , yes there is some noise but in our opinion it detract from our enjoyment of the area .As far as I can remember they were probably every 30 mins or so . I don't know if it gets busier in the summer but will be going back ,It probably depends where you stay , a little further north and you would be directly under them

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Craft Noise

Myself and my wife stay in the Golf at lease twice a year , regarding aircraft noise the closer you are to the sea the less you notice it . If you stay at Royal Park Albatros , Santa Barbara Golf And Country Club , Aquamarina Apartments or The Winter Gardens the noise is at a minimum and almost unnoticable . This also depends on wind direction and what way the planes are taking off and landing .

It really is worth trying Golf Del Sur for a holiday as it has a great selection of resturants and is not too quiet yet not as manic as Las Americas or any of the other major resorts . As said in a previous post the buses are limited and it costs about 20 Euros each way in a taxi to Las Americas .

Hope This Helps

Hugh

Edited: 29 January 2012, 16:27
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Craft Noise

Anyone know what the San Miguel Village is like? We are considering a villa there for a long winter stay next year.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Craft Noise

No truth what so ever. We have stayed on on the Golf de Sur several times over the past few years and at different locations. During all our stays we have never been troubled with aircraft noise. Although you can see them approaching over Palm Mar heading for Golf de Sur ther is little noise. WE would return to Gold de Sur any time of the year with no hesitation.

Wales
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Craft Noise

We have also stayed in the Golf del Sur on numerous occasions in a couple of different places and yes the planes do go over but hasn't spoilt our holiday at all to the point that we don't even notice them by the end of the holiday. The children love playing guess which plane is coming next!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
716 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Craft Noise

i stopped at the royal albatross and enjoyed watching the planes landing not much noise as they are landing didnt bother us

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Craft Noise

we stopped at the terraza del la paz you do see them and you do hear them to everyone must be drink lol when we have friends around we have to stop talking till they pass,yes you just get used to them to but is that a good are bad thing?

and it depends on how good you double glazing is have loud they are

Edited: 03 February 2012, 13:44
Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur
Recent Conversations