We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit cards accepted ?

Level Contributor
286 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Credit cards accepted ?

We are stayin at the palms for two week in august, we only want to take limited cash with is but will be taking our credit card. Can anyone tell me how widely accepted credit cards such as visa are on the golf? Would be trying a variety of restaurants around the area also bars for drinks

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Credit cards accepted ?

They should be accepted without any problem but be very very careful about the extra charges that your credit card company may add to transactions abroad - worth checking with them first.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Credit cards accepted ?

Hi, all credit and debit cards are accepted. But you will need a form of photo IT as well. I use my Driving Licence. Also all the major UK banks have branches or representative banks in Tenerife.

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Credit cards accepted ?

Have only needed to show id at the mercadona never been asked in a restaurants on the Golf before

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
912 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Credit cards accepted ?

Credit cards are excepted in most places. However watch out that if you want to pay in €'s you state clearly that is what you want to do. Many transactions have a step where you are asked if you want to pay in €'s or £'s. The exchange rate is not necessarily to your benefit.

However during February I used c/c's in 30 different places (who's counting, well yes I am) and 3 of them pretended to be deaf and proceeded on with the currency that I did not want. Suddenly the waiter who spoke perfect English could not pronounce or understand a word.

This has not happenednot me on mainland Spain but the Cannaries is more Africa than Europe.

So be careful.

5. Re: Credit cards accepted ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur